PDA

View Full Version : I'm new, I'm doing ok and I CHEATED!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DocAce
Tue, Dec-26-06, 01:49
Hi all, and happy holidays!

I am a new member here! I have been doing Low Carb since Sept 2006 and have done great, HOWEVER, I decided to cheat for Christmas and now I feel STINKY! I notice a slight difference in my physical being when I look in the mirror. Clothes also have a slight "off" feel as well.. It's a sign I think-

Tomorrow is the 26th of Dec, and I am attempting to get "back on the wagon". It is 15 until 12:00AM and I just had my last holiday sweet. I went a bit crazy and I dunno why.

I usually take ONE day off a week(eat what I want). I also do 20-25 carbs a day w/o a problem.

Have any of you folks done this? Will it be easy to get back in the mindset of Low Carbing? :yum:

:wave:

liddie01
Tue, Dec-26-06, 03:38
I hope you have no trouble getting back on, I try to never cheat, because I feel so crappy after, once a week would kill my weight loss and cause cravings, but if that works for you, stick with it.

llmckeane
Tue, Dec-26-06, 10:37
I cheated on Christmas Eve, but was great yesterday. Will be diligent about getting focused. Its funny how we feel so icky after we load our body with sugar...
Happy Tuesday Eveyone!

Some1Sweet
Tue, Dec-26-06, 16:06
I cheated on the 23rd, was able to go christmas eve and christmas without cheating. It was pretty easy getting back into the low carb "mind set". Wishing you well!

DocAce
Tue, Dec-26-06, 18:34
Thanks for the replies!

I am back on the wagon as of this morning. I ran for 30 mins and have been very low carb.

I too felt "slower" after eating the holiday treats and look forward to feeling physically free again.

Cutting out most carbs gives me the boost I need mentally as well, more in control of ME..

Again, I am back on track, yay!

Strange how this eating plan has never been much of an effort for me while my niece has "cheating" issues on a regular basis. She never lost all the weight she wanted to because of this..

It's good fo me that I got back into working out, I believe it helps quite a bit.

:wave: