PDA

View Full Version : Hi All & Happy Xmas

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lornick
Thu, Dec-21-06, 17:48
:wave: Just introducing myself. I found this website yesterday and am very impressed with it.

My weight put on came very quickly normally I am a very slim person averaging around the 54kilos to 58kilos (depending on how much choc I use to throw down my throat..lol).

Then I decided it was time that I stopped smoking after seeing my father pass away with lung cancer. I started putting on weight around 3kilos a week. I felt hungry a lot and didnt know why, and when I say hungry I mean starving. Before I was lucky to eat one meal a day, and believe me when I say ate I ate, and very unhealthy too, choc biscuits, Kentucky, McDonalds etc. So when I gave up smoking the kilos piled on. I called quit line and they said that I was eating threw bordem :q: I was starving not bored. they told me to eat, cutecumber, etc

Been on lots of diets in the past and have found that they have not worked for me. My last one I went to weight watchers and I can tell you it is too hard for me. Found that I was always hungry, and the craving for sugar was actually getting worse on the diet. Also finding its starting to get a lot like Jenny Craig.

Anyway, went looking for books on weight loss, found one about low carbs. It contradicted everything that I had been taught. I decided to try it and I was shocked with the results I was having. I found that I was not hungry at all. Also I noticed I was not hanging for something to eat a little while later. In fact I wasnt really hungry a lunch time either but I still ate and I ate well. After a week I lost about 2 kilos I was amazed for I thought I would at least put on weight with all of this fat and food I was eating.

Then I found a website on the internet that the Atkins diet was a fad diet and that people did not lose fat on this diet but water. I became disheartened. I then tried the cabbage diet yuck it was horrible I could not even stumach one bowl and threw the rest out!!! I then went back to weight watchers...again the same thing always hungry always breaking my diet.

Then I met a lovely lady name Elaine Hollingsworth, she taught me a real lot, I then bought her book and what an eye opener it was, I realised why I was having so many probs with my diets and found a lot of products that were really bad, this brought me back to my conculsion that actkins diet could not be that bad after all. Now I am back again after reading some more articles and finding this diet website. Again only been on this diet for a few days and not even craving chocolate :lol:

Thank you all out there for leaving the before and after pics this proves this diet works. I know I cannot eat till I am sick, but thats just fine as long as I am not hungry all the time and dying to put a biscuit or choc in my mouth. I have noticed my hunger has decreased and I know I am on the road to recovery.

Though I did break my diet last night, but you know what, SO WHAT!!! :o thats OK. For I always broke it in the past. The most important thing is not to let it get me down, cause I know I can do it, and like most people you are allowed to make a mistake!!! Mishaps are just fine, just stay focused :D

Good luck to everyone on this diet, dont listen to the critics they are stupid.
Wishing you all a very Merry Xmas and Fabulous New Year!!!!

liddie01
Thu, Dec-21-06, 18:01
welcome Lornick! I am glad you found us, this site really helps me! :wave:

Lornick
Fri, Dec-22-06, 02:41
:wave:

Thank you very much. I believe this site has already helped me. Will get me threw my trying times I am sure.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the luck in reaching your goal :D :daizy:

CourtneyUU
Fri, Dec-22-06, 06:52
Welcome to our community!

Anyway, went looking for books on weight loss, found one about low carbs. It contradicted everything that I had been taught.

Same here -- and actually, that made me wonder -- what else was I wrong about in my life!? Sometimes we drift and act without thinking. With this way of eating, you have to be mindful and intentional, both GREAT things, I think! :)

Best of luck to you on your journey!

Courtney