PDA

View Full Version : Hello to one and all...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

julia333
Wed, Dec-20-06, 14:30
Ok, I'm back! I plan to start the day after Christmas and I am excited about changing my health....It's going to be a great 2007!

I remember this site as being very wonderful when I did Atkins in the past so I am happy to be back!

Julia~

Julie1966
Wed, Dec-20-06, 14:40
Hello Julia:
I am also going to start the day after Christmas. I am trying to figure out this website right now. So, if you know of any pointers/suggestions please, by all means pass them along to me.
Thanks,
Julie

julia333
Wed, Dec-20-06, 14:45
Yep, I did this before and I really enjoyed the forum. I am trying to remember how to change my ticker tape...but people here are really good about helping...

I used fitday.com before and that is the way to log every bite that goes in your mouth...what an eye opener! Check it out...also, check out the recipes that are approved for INDUCTION... it will give you more variety! Have you read the book? If not, go get it at the library and read it...it helps alot! OR you can buy it CHEAP on half.com!

Good luck! How much are you trying to loose?

Julia~ :wave:

Julie1966
Thu, Dec-21-06, 08:52
Hey Julia:
I bought two Atkin books last night and read half way through one of them.

I am looking to lose around 50lbs or so. I am trying very hard to work through this site/forum but with no luck. It seems like I get stuck everywhere. I tried to look for the recipes that you mentioned, but couldn't find them. I will keep looking. :help:

Where are you located at? I am in Kentucky.

GlendaRC
Thu, Dec-21-06, 14:24
Hey Julia:
I bought two Atkin books last night and read half way through one of them.

I am looking to lose around 50lbs or so. I am trying very hard to work through this site/forum but with no luck. It seems like I get stuck everywhere. I tried to look for the recipes that you mentioned, but couldn't find them. I will keep looking. :help:

Where are you located at? I am in Kentucky.

I'm glad to see that you're reading the books - that's a very important first step to success. Here's a link to the recipe section "kitchen threads" (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2) - just click on any of the headings, then on the "sticky topic" near the top of each list for a list of the contents of that section - in "Main dishes" there's a section called induction suitable and you'll find hundreds of recipes! Click on a recipe name to be taken to the complete recipe. Hope that helps!

And a hearty welcome to both of you!

Glenda

julia333
Fri, Dec-22-06, 12:17
Hi Glendarc! I remember you from before! Glad to see you are as supportive as ever!

I'm starting the day after Christmas...I'm beginning to get my kitchen stocked and ready!

Happy holidays!~

Julia

julia333
Fri, Dec-22-06, 12:20
Hey Julie!
Don't fret!..It takes a couple spins before you can navigate the forum...just keep playing and you'll find alot of stuff here! We want to loose about the same amount of weight so let's chit chat! You can send me personal emails. I am in California..buit I have been to Kentucky (Lexington) and it is beautiful there!
Julia~

Julie1966
Tue, Jan-02-07, 11:57
When you get a free moment drop me a line from your personal email so I have it. Mine is
Julie.Welch~fmr.com

bob2112
Tue, Jan-02-07, 12:05
Welcome back onboard!! Wishing you all the best for a successful year 2007.