PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

grbnbpb
Mon, Dec-18-06, 13:55
I've been low carb for several years (off and on). I'm less than 10lbs from goal weight, but having a hard time with these last pounds; I've gotten here twice in the past years, but can't finish, then get discouraged and fall off the wagon.

However, now I'm kind of glad that I haven't (lost the last pounds) because I'm supposed to have 6days of an intensive antibiotic regimen (preparatory to re-testing for tick-borne disease) the start of next year. I hear I can expect some pretty good nausea, along with everything tasting like metal. Then, probably the next month, I will begin several weeks of strong antibiotics hitting the various tick-borne diseases. Consequently, if I was at my goal weight I might dip way TOO low! That wouldn't be healthy either.

I found the Bowl Muffin thread yesterday, and it has me very intrigued with this forum. I posted a question yesterday and started using your diet and exercise tracking tools today; This is TOTALLY COOL!

bkloots
Mon, Dec-18-06, 14:49
Welcome to a good conversation, and best wishes with the treatments.

As for the "last ten pounds," I just consider them my perpetual incentive to stay ON the plan, not to go off it. Seems to be working quite well.