PDA

View Full Version : Starting today

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

morningglo
Mon, Dec-18-06, 09:05
Hi everyone!

I've been thinking about low-carbing for a while (and lurking forums like this one) but was never willing to make the commitment and actually try it, until today!

I went and bought the South Beach Diet book just a few hours ago, because it sounds like a really comfortable way of losing weight and getting healthier! Except for one thing... There is no way I can have so many meals. I absolutely cannot have breakfast and even lunch tends to make me tired all afternoon!

I have a lot of exams to study for right now, so I'll start out with doing a combination of South Beach and the Warrior (I'm just so used to having one large meal in the evening and nothing for the rest of the day, I'm not ready to change that yet).

Eh, okay, I've said enough for now. I'm very positive about this! :yum:

bkloots
Mon, Dec-18-06, 14:56
Welcome to the Forum and your new way of eating. One reason lunch makes you sleepy might be the rise and fall of blood sugar because of high carb consumption. That won't happen with low-carb, and you'll find your energy evens out through the day. The plan will work better if you follow it as written. CHANGE is what it's all about, beginning with your previous eating habits. That "one large meal" thing may work against your success.

Would you mind changing the color of your typeface? That light pink is very hard to read.

Thanks, and best wishes.

hulagrrl
Mon, Dec-18-06, 19:57
i can sympathize with you about the exams! i just finished this week. hopefully you'll get to read your sb book soon. welcome to the forum!

morningglo
Tue, Dec-19-06, 01:21
Okay I'll just keep my font in standard black then. :)

Well yes, change. It's just that eating when I'm not hungry totally, totally goes against my natural instincts and makes me feel really bad. And tired. Even if it's low carb. This might change once my body gets accustomed to it, but like I said, I'm just not willing to do that now because I need my daytime energy for my exams!

Thanks for sympathizing hulagirl! I had a look into the book, but to be honest, I didn't see anything in it that I hadn't found on the internet before! It has nice recipes though. :D