PDA

View Full Version : The one thing that makes sticking to this easy is. . .

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CHuntress
Sun, Jan-27-02, 11:22
I am not hungry. And I don't get worried that will have to be hungry. Yesterday I went out to eat twice and had a great time. I was still hungry after I had my 6-oz salmon filet, so you know what I did? I ordered a hamburger without the bun and ate that! It might have seemed weird to some of the people at the table, but if you had been there with me you would have understood perfectly.
:daze: :roll: :wave:

CrazyCurly
Sun, Jan-27-02, 19:03
I know what you mean. I am like, you mean fry it in real butter? I can what??, eat the skin on the chicken? I have never been allowed to do that! On top of it all I'm not hungry and I'm not craving sweets. Who would have known you could lose weight eating what I am now. My friends and family think I am nuts, I can't wait to go out to eat with them just to see their faces! Priceless.

Jess

KarenB
Fri, Feb-01-02, 15:40
::nodnodnodnodnodnod ::

One of the secondary rewarding things about this WOL is watching people who are watching you eat. You know... they see this person chowing down on salad with FULL FAT DRESSING, and eating STEAK and LOBSTER with REAL BUTTER, and then ordering MORE MEAT or having CHEESE.... and you just know that inside, they're saying "oh dear, that poor woman (or man).. don't they know all that is bad for them?"

When the whole time YOU know that it's the bread, and the rice, and the potatoes, and the pie/cake/cookies/donuts/lemon bars/spaghetti/(place another high-carb no-no here) that is really the problem for folks like us.

Not long after I took up this WOL again this time (the last time!), I went out to lunch with friends. I studied the menu for a bit, and decided on the "Diet plate." Now, said "diet plate" contained an 8oz butt steak, a portion of cottage cheese, some Cheddar cheese slices, and a whole pile of fresh fruits--oh, and one or two boiled eggs, too.

When the food came, I offloaded ALL the fruits onto my bread plate and two other unused ones at our table, and said, "This is all up for grabs--but nobody touches my STEAK!"

One of my friends looked at me and said, "Now that sounds like a diet I might be able to live with."

I *can,* and I *do*.

Don'tcha love it???

LC Sponge
Fri, Feb-01-02, 18:14
I like watching the waiter's expression when I tell him/her to remove the bread basket but leave the butter :)

MissBecca
Sat, Feb-02-02, 02:51
I just love it. Sometimes for lunch I go order two cheeseburgers with bacon and take the buns off. Yummy to be eating "junk" food and yet losing weight. I love that I'm not craving stuff, not feeling hungry. Tonight I'm going out for dinner - I've been feeling like a caesar salad for ages, so I'm going to get one with chicken in it but no croutons. A couple of months ago I would have told them to hold the parmesan cheese and serve the dressing on the side - NOT TONIGHT! hehehe

:D

Katerpilla
Tue, Feb-05-02, 09:54
I am living in London on a kinda workingholiday thing but am from WA too, Perth in fact!!

How about you??

Kat

allisonm
Tue, Feb-05-02, 12:36
Yeah, I don't understand the people who don't like the food on this plan. I can't imagine finding this diet too restrictive! This is the stuff I want to eat anyway and I get to eat a lot of it.

As for ordering more, though, I'd like to suggest holding off and eating between meals. It's better LC practice and ultimately more rewarding to eat moderate amounts more often. Please note, I am not suggesting that you eat any less, just that you spread it out. It helps keep your blood sugar, and thus your insulin, more stable. Ultimately, this can lead to bigger losses.

It took me a while to adjust, but now I think it's making a difference. If you read the journals you see people eventually switching over to six smaller meals and swearing that it's causing them to lose faster. I now carry ziplock baggies of Canadian bacon, salami, cheese, pork rinds, almonds, etc. Spreading nuts out over the course of the day (I only eat about 6 almonds at a time) doesn't cause me stalls and gives me lots of extra fiber and monounsaturated fat.

Allison