PDA

View Full Version : GAining it back

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Raemy
Fri, Dec-15-06, 14:38
:wave: Hello everyone. I'm brand new to this and this is my first contact. Be gentle. :lol:
I have done Atkins since 2003 after the birth of my second child. I lost 58lbs in total. I maintained that until 2005 when things when askew. I stopped exerciseing and although I maintained the low carbs, I have gained back approximately 20 lbs. I'm disgusted with myself and can't get motivated to get back on the tread mill.
Please--- I need some insperation and a kick to get myself going again. :agree:
Also I live in Canada and am having trouble locating the Atkins products. I love the bars. Any suggestions? :help:
Thx muchly.

Got a run ( figuratively not literally )
Talk soon
Raemy

jkmfrog
Fri, Dec-15-06, 17:19
don't let things go to the point where you have gained 50 more. trust me - harder to get motivated then. start now! and it sounds like you have :) .

Welcome to the site!

GlendaRC
Fri, Dec-15-06, 19:26
Hi Raemy, there are lots of us Canadians here! It's a Canadian site. As far as Atkins products, what part of Canada are you from - we can help you find lower carb if we know where you live. But be warned, a lot of people find that the so-called low-carb products (especially the bars!) cause stalls and even weight gain, so you might want to rethink the way you use them.

There are a lot of wonderful low-carb recipes on this site - even some home-made versions of bars. Be sure to check out the kitchen/recipe section - I can spend hours there!!! :agree: :agree:

How old is your first child? Do you have two pre-schoolers you're trying to keep up with? Do you work outside of the home or are you a stay-home-mom (SHM)??

Anyhow, I certainly wish you the best on your low-carb journey to a slimmer and healthier you!

Glenda

Raemy
Sat, Dec-16-06, 11:33
Thx for the responses.
I live near London Ontario and although I can find limited selections of Atkins products in variouse stores they are very fewl
I work shift work outside the home and have two children under six. I attempted the recipe thing and just can't seem to get to enthusiastic about it.
I just need some inspiration to get motivated again.

I am aware of a Low Carb store in Toronto but that a long drive for a few snacks.
Can you suggest any quick snacks that I can munch on when needed. I currently chose mixed nuts (limited), hard boiled eggs and cheese. :idea:
Also does anyone know if the Russell Stover no sugar added chocolates are good. If I now my carb facts correctly--- the carb count is 18g but the fibres are 2g and the sugar alcohols are 15g. So by my math the chocolate should be 1 carb per piece. Is that correct?

GlendaRC
Sat, Dec-16-06, 12:39
Thx for the responses.
I live near London Ontario and although I can find limited selections of Atkins products in variouse stores they are very fewl
I work shift work outside the home and have two children under six. I attempted the recipe thing and just can't seem to get to enthusiastic about it.
I just need some inspiration to get motivated again.

I am aware of a Low Carb store in Toronto but that a long drive for a few snacks.
Can you suggest any quick snacks that I can munch on when needed. I currently chose mixed nuts (limited), hard boiled eggs and cheese. :idea:
Also does anyone know if the Russell Stover no sugar added chocolates are good. If I now my carb facts correctly--- the carb count is 18g but the fibres are 2g and the sugar alcohols are 15g. So by my math the chocolate should be 1 carb per piece. Is that correct?

Did you find this section in the kitchen sections? Tons of snack and quick meal ideas! Snacks and Quick Meals (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=214856)

Re the Russel Stover bars, I haven't seen them but they sound similar to Ross bars here in the west. Some people (a very fortunate few) can get away with eating them and not stalling, some of us do stall on them and the consensus seems to be that we are the ones who CANNOT deduct the sugar alcohols the same way we do fibres, and others - the ones who CAN deduct the sugar alcohols - usually suffer moderate to severe bathroom issues. DH and I share a Ross bar when we need a chocolate fix - seems to help, but we do count the full carbs in our daily count!

Hope this is some help to you, Glenda