PDA

View Full Version : new today

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jamie
Sun, Jan-27-02, 08:59
I just started the Adkins diet today. I've been out of bed for almost 3 hours and for breakfast I had 2 scrambled eggs and a piece of cheese. Yum!! Tomorrow I'm joining the gym with my daughter. She's a dancer and she's going to go with me to the gym for support and to help me work out. I'm 39 and I've never worked out. I don't have much willpower so I hope I can make it thru the Induction stage.

eliz
Sun, Jan-27-02, 10:49
hi Jamie,

Welcome!! I am a newcomer too, so I'm not writing with any advice, but with encouragement. I am still trying to stick to this induction for two weeks. I seem to be improving everyday as I lower my carbs. It was easier than I thought to eliminate rice, and pasta, and potatoes. But I was shocked at how addicted I actually am to CARBS!!! I want something sweet BADLY sometimes, like a big craving!! I have been satisfying it with cool whip when he gets so bad I think I'm gonna cheat, and the other times I just eat more protein, cheese, fish, (I don't eat any meat but fish), an egg, or even olives (high in fat, so should satisfy hunger cravings).

I've been easily getting my water in and then some extra everyday, I'm taking plenty of vitamins, so all in all I'm sticking too it, but I have not lost ANY weight yet, I think it's because of some days going above 20 carbs, so that is my goal for this week. I also walk 30-60 minutes per day. That is really all the physical activity I can do at this time, but as I feel better, hopefully I can do more later.

So write me back if you want to, I'm not sure if we're allowed to give our e-mail address, so I won't right now, I need a way-of-life buddy!!

Eliz

razzle
Sun, Jan-27-02, 10:50
welcome. sounds like a very nice daughter you raised, there! :)

there are many valuable links on this site. explore, have fun, keep posting, and welcome to the group