PDA

View Full Version : Before the After

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

martinez81
Sat, Dec-09-06, 00:23
I have a new battle to fight. The Battle of the Bulge. I am 80 pounds overweight, but my wife and I have recently taken steps to slim down and be healthy.

We’ve chosen a low carb lifestyle. In my last foray with a low carb life style I lost 45 pounds and was in the best shape of my life. In the end I was defeated by the free snacks and soft drinks my employer provides.

This time is different. This time I am being joined by my wife. She will support me as I support her. Wish us well, and I hope you fairwell on your quest as well.

I've started my online journal Carb Fighters. (http://carbfighters.wordpress.com/)

STORMY1944
Sat, Dec-09-06, 01:02
:wave: And welcome glad to see you here.

Ayustar
Sat, Dec-09-06, 02:47
Nice forum avatar, I had to say, lol. Street Fighter!

Anyways, since you have been down this road before this should be no issue for you and plus you already know what to do, so knowledge is on your side. I hope it works out for you and your wife! Good luck!

suebee2
Sat, Dec-09-06, 03:23
Good luck! You can do it!!!

martinez81
Sat, Dec-09-06, 15:48
Thanks for the kind words. I can't wait to see some progress.

Symphonyod
Sat, Dec-09-06, 18:35
HI there! My husband started doing atkins after I practically begged him too.. and now he is like the spokes person for atkins around here. It is hilarious. It makes it SO much easier to do when your spouse is on board. Welcome and good luck!