PDA

View Full Version : on the 3rd week, slowed down this week, is that normal?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fitat41
Sat, Jan-26-02, 19:36
I lost 11 pounds the first 2 weeks and then only 3 the third. is that normal or do I need to do something different?

sabrina
Sat, Jan-26-02, 20:01
Hello and yes it is normal. During your first two weeks is when you will lose the most amount of weight at one time. In atkins book he does state that. Losing 3 lbs your third week is great. Having a 3 lb a week weight loss is wonderful. Keep up the good work. Some of your ten lbs may have had some water weight and now you are actually losing fat, please dont get discouraged and keep on doing what you are doing. You're doing GREAT!!!!! Take care and hang in there. Sabrina

fitat41
Sat, Jan-26-02, 20:41
:wave: I am going to keep going.....2002 is going to be my year!! :roll: Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Have a great week.
fitat41

razzle
Sat, Jan-26-02, 21:10
great attitude, fit! Just keep up the good work and the pounds will come off. Yes, more slowly as we go along, and then in fits and starts ("stalls and wooshes" to LCers). But imagine next January 1 how much healthier and slimmer you'll be!