PDA

View Full Version : Just Starting

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Rebek
Fri, Dec-01-06, 21:36
Hi everyone,
This is just what I needed. I tried ww and that did not work for me because I was always hungry. Than Istarted LC on Atkins after having my 3rd baby and did really well for the first 6 weeks I lost 28 pounds and felt like I had lots of energy it was great. I felt like a new woman was coming out of this fluff than sadly I fell into the temptation of carbs and never pulled myself back out. I attempted several times and would only last a week at the most. I know this is the diet for me, but I just need to be more disciplined and success will follow. Being that I have three little ones and a husband that all eat lots of carbs its hard for me to get started. I beleive once I pass that first 2-3 weeks it will be easier. So I can use any encouraging advice to get me on a good start.

Thanks for all of your tips

SandraEB73
Fri, Dec-01-06, 22:44
Rebek,
Welcome and congrats on making a change in the right direction.
I too have 3 kids and can fully understand the difficulty of having carbs around the house. I have made a point to include them(my kids) in most of my meals by just adding a starch or desert. I feel it's healthier for them and my kids are learning to like veggies they would have otherwise missed out on.
You are correct that after the first couple of weeks it gets much easier. Hang in there and I know you will make it.
If you ever want to chat feel free to stop by my journal. I would also recommend starting your own journal for tracking your feelings, success, and anything else. They are also a gerat place to chat and meet other LCers.
Best of luck, and happy holidays!

RedBlob
Sat, Dec-02-06, 00:12
Who does the food shopping in your house? Could you subtly switch some of the food products to include more low carb stuff? Or, look up some low carb recipes and make them low carb goodies to replace current snack foods?

Is your husband at a good weight? After seeing and hearing how good I feel, my hubby is considering doing a modified Atkins himself.

algts
Sat, Dec-02-06, 01:46
Rebek,
The first time I started Atkins, I lost and felt great, then found out I was pregnant. Now I have 4 children, all boys, and definitley understand. I am doing low carb this time for weight loss and candida-related illness.
Best of luck to you! Lora

LuvLatte
Sat, Dec-02-06, 09:04
Welcome!

I, too, had success on my own a couple of years ago, then fell off the wagon, and had been on Day 1 of induction for a couple of years! lol... Now, with the support of this forum, I'm sure I can make this WOL stick. I do all the grocery shopping and cooking, so I've already put DH on LC (more like the maintanence phase for him) and he didn't even notice, :D

Good luck here!