PDA

View Full Version : I'm new...to the forum, not Atkins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sweetaspie
Fri, Dec-01-06, 07:40
Hi all. I've been on Atkins many-a-time and have never really been able to successfully stick to the plan. I guess part of my problem is that I am mostly vegetarian. No worries, though...I do eat fish and SOMETIMES eggs. I've never really been a big meat eater, though..just because I don't like the taste or texture of meat. My biggest problem while doing Atkins is always the Induction phase, because I'm so used to eating tons of vegetables and grains as the staple of my diet. That's okay, though. I've actually planned my Induction...the entire 2 weeks, so it shouldn't be that hard for me...so long as I adhere to the plan I created. Oh, and ALMONDS...they're my salvations. They're "grainy" in taste...and only 3g net carbs for 28 of them! :) But yeah...I think I just entered into Ketosis yesterday...and today is kind of a downer, because I've got the keto-headaches and sttttttttttttinky breath. That's okay...I've been brushing my teeth like crazy. Well...this was kind of more like a vent than an introductory post...so sorry about that. I hope to get to know you all and hope that I can inspire/be inspired. God bless,
-sweetaspie-

CourtneyUU
Fri, Dec-01-06, 08:28
Welcome to our community! Have you visited the Vegetarian sction of the boards yet? http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=109 They may have some ideas and wisdom to help you reach your goal!

Good luck and stay strong!

Courtney :)

sweetaspie
Fri, Dec-01-06, 09:18
Thanks so much courtney. I haven't done very much of any browsing on the forums yet...so that link really helped! I'm looking forward to losing these last pesky pounds for Christmas. Okay...I'm buzzing with energy...I think I'll check out some more on that link now. Buh Bye!
-sweetaspie-