PDA

View Full Version : new to you, but not to low carb

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

thekidd
Wed, Nov-29-06, 21:01
I've been lurking on this site for awhile, but now finally decided I wanted to join the party. I have been doing modified low carb for about 6 or 7 years. I have always been athletic and not overweight, but was never comfortable with my weight either (athletes rarely are). I also had a severe problem with depression, despite apparently living a healthy lifestyle. I tried an antidepressant once and got such horrible migraines I never tried again. Somewhere along the way I tried cutting out processed carbs and really cut down my carb intake and increasing my protein and fat. I started to feel great! Energy galore, increased concentration and ability to handle stress. But the biggie for me was that my depression went away. By the end of the 1st week I felt better than I had since I was a kid before I ever started battling the blues. I have been doing it ever since. Of course I stray maybe a few weeks, a few times a year, one of those being last week ( of course it's the holidays, duh). After 2 or 3 days I started feeling down again and realized my body was telling me something. Just thought this would be a supportive community and fun to do. So here I am.

wbahn
Thu, Nov-30-06, 01:08
Greetings and welcome aboard!

I'm sure you've learned a lot of tips and have lots of recipe and snack ideas to share with everyone.

Cheers!