PDA

View Full Version : This works

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

thekidd
Wed, Nov-29-06, 15:30
I had struggled with depression for many years. I was never really overweight and always exercised, but still couldn't shake the horrible downs I experienced until going low carb, low processed food. Within a week of changing ,I was feeling better and two weeks out better still ,followed by months of ending up at peak happiness. Yes, it is hard and you miss the carbs and the sugar rush, but if you are as unhappy and feeling as unhealthy as I was, the withdrawal period is well worth the effort. Every once in a while I fall off the wagon for a week or two ,two to three times a year and I get right back on, because I start feeling severly depressed. I am lucky to have found this way of life. I have become happier and more productive than I ever imagined possible

OhYeahBabe
Fri, Oct-12-07, 12:09
I had struggled with depression for many years. I was never really overweight and always exercised, but still couldn't shake the horrible downs I experienced until going low carb, low processed food. Within a week of changing ,I was feeling better and two weeks out better still ,followed by months of ending up at peak happiness. Yes, it is hard and you miss the carbs and the sugar rush, but if you are as unhappy and feeling as unhealthy as I was, the withdrawal period is well worth the effort. Every once in a while I fall off the wagon for a week or two ,two to three times a year and I get right back on, because I start feeling severly depressed. I am lucky to have found this way of life. I have become happier and more productive than I ever imagined possible

I completely agree. Lowcarb can be frustrating at times, but it is so much better for depression and even physical pain. :thup:

quietone
Tue, Oct-16-07, 10:47
I completely agree