PDA

View Full Version : A small success today

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

atlmella
Wed, Nov-29-06, 15:27
It's small, but it's my first day, and for me this was HUGE :p

I was having afternoon tea with a friend, and he's so wonderful to me. He said, I'll be right back, and returned with some cookies. He's not the sort of person that I can share my diet with, as we are from very different cultural backgrounds, and he thinks even at my current weight that I am too skinny!!!

Anyway, I panicked over the cookie! It's hard to decline without being rude.... however, we are both Jewish, and Eureka! the solution came to me :) I had just eaten a TON of meat for lunch, and as such I couldn't eat any dairy. I told my friend as much, and he knew exactly that I couldn't eat the cookie out of faith, so he said to just take it with me. It's in my coat pocket. Initially I was going to throw it away, but I work in an area populated by a lot of homeless folks, and I am going to put together a package of all the high-carb snacks laying around in my office and give them to someone who could really use them :)

YAY: disaster, narrowly averted!!

joylorene
Wed, Nov-29-06, 16:00
Great for you!! Yes, these challenges seem to pop up quite often - way to advert it without being rude or having to go into a lengthly explaination of your eating habbits (always happens to me) then I get the lecture on how bad atkins is. So good job!!

hulagrrl
Mon, Dec-04-06, 18:18
good for you! not only did you find a way to avert eating the dreaded cookie, you are also reaching out and helping those around you in need!! impressive!

amsears777
Tue, Dec-05-06, 11:05
Great Job!!

Take care
Manda

RomaniaGuy
Fri, Dec-08-06, 18:47
And this victory over the temptation of cookies will give you strength for future challenges. :thup: