PDA

View Full Version : Glad To Find This Forum

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jessamine
Wed, Nov-22-06, 14:42
Hello, I'm new and so glad to find this forum. I was diagnosed as a Type ll Diabetic in July. Personally, I think the Diabetic Association Diet is for the birds. Too many carbs and two many calories. I just bought Dr. Bernstein's book and will start next week. Didn't think Thankgiving would be a good time to start. I stayed on the ADA diet for two months and lost "0". Wrote every morsel down. Very discouraging. I've lost weight on low carb before and I know it works for me. I've been doing it on my own and have been losing again. My blood sugar numbers are much better on low carb.

klc145
Wed, Nov-22-06, 16:30
Welcome to the forum Jessamine! :)

CourtneyUU
Thu, Nov-23-06, 06:51
Lots of great support here for diabetics, Jessamine. You've found a great place to support your way of eating.

Best of luck!

Courtney

WyoDiva
Thu, Nov-23-06, 06:58
Welcome, Jessamine!

Yes, support is critical (for me, anyway) to ongoing weight loss and long-term success...this forum is a great place to get it!

jessamine
Thu, Nov-23-06, 07:52
Thanks for your welcomes and Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I'm thankful for my new friends in low carb places.