PDA

View Full Version : New Today!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Susan I.
Mon, Nov-20-06, 10:42
Hi Everyone, my name is Susan I. I'm from Ontario Canada and I've been on the Atkins diet for 2 weeks. I've lost eight pounds so far with roughly 40 to go. My big problem is that I gained the weight when my heart condition developed and I can no longer do laps in the pool or my Tae Bo or even walk like I used to do. I'm hoping I'll be able to do it with minimal exercise. :wave:

Shelywelly
Mon, Nov-20-06, 11:07
Hello and welcome Susan!
Even walking to the shop or as one person suggested a while back parking your car in the furthest spot away from the supermarket all counts as excericise. Just take it easy and do what you can :) dont put to much strain on urself and enjoy the new way you are eating :)
Shellx

wbahn
Mon, Nov-20-06, 14:56
Greetings and welcome aboard!

Sorry to hear about your heart condition. Hopefully as the weight comes off and your treatment progresses you will be able to start doing some form of exercise again. As Shellx said, taking advantage of every opportunity to walk a bit (provided that is an option) helps.

The good news for you is that you should be able to make progress without exercise at all. While Atkins flat out states that if you aren't exercising you aren't doing Atkins, I suspect that a large majority of LC'ers in fact do not exercise as part of their new WOE, yet many of them still make progress - and may start exercising as they get to a weight where it is less stressful and more enjoyable to do so.

Good luck!

Shelywelly
Mon, Nov-20-06, 15:04
well i couldn't send you a msg grrr so i write it here.

Im sadden to hear your waiting for a new heart, but hopefully things will get better real soon! well hopefuly the Atkins will help out a little. but ive hear people on atkins that dont excercise will lose weight just takes a little longer.

Im still really new to this just done my 2 weeks and going to to 2 more :)
If i can be of any help even just for a chat just type :)

All the best
Shellx :D

SandraEB73
Mon, Nov-20-06, 21:25
Susan, I'm sorry to hear of your heart condition, but happy to see your taking steps to help heal yourself. I have found that the longer I'm on this WOE the more energy I have and the less winded I am while exerting myself. I hope you will find this to be true for yourself and be able to add some form of exercise as you progress, it really does help. In the meantime just do your best to stick with the program and reap the rewards!
best of luck to you

Susan I.
Thu, Nov-23-06, 15:51
Hi wbahn: Thanks for the encouragement. It means a lot. If I can only do as well as you have I'll be thrilled. Susan I.

Susan I.
Thu, Nov-23-06, 16:10
Sandra: Thanks for the kind words. It really means alot when someone goes out of their way. I'm staying fairly positive, and I know I'll feel better about myself if I can drop some weight. Susan I.

Susan I.
Thu, Nov-23-06, 16:20
Shelly: I love your journal entries. You have such a great sense of humor. Thanks for the kind words, I tried to send you a message too but couldn't?? How's it going? Everyone has been so encouraging. I really appreciate the kind words. Susan I.

wbahn
Thu, Nov-23-06, 16:45
Susan, Shelly,

You have to have a certain number of posts before you are able to send/receive PMs. I don't recall what the number is, but it's pretty low, something like 25 or 50.