PDA

View Full Version : My second (and last) go at Atkins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CrystalSue
Sat, Nov-18-06, 09:10
When I "found" this board, I was surprised to see that I already had a user name. When I was able to retrieve my password and log on, I was disappointed, but not surprised, to see that I was 13 pounds heavier than I was the first time I checked in. In any event, I'm back on Atkins for the last time. I've been trying everything and I mean EVERYTHING and coming back to Atkins makes the most sense. I feel better, more energetic, better rested. And according to my scale, since Tuesday, I've dropped 4 pounds.

I decided to come back to Atkins when I took the opportunity the other day to really look at myself in the mirror. While I was not disgusted with myself, I was really sad that I had fallen so far, and committed myself then and there to doing something about it, once and for all.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Crystal, I live in W. Central Florida. My husband and I will be married for 25 years on the 28th of this month. I'm a student at USF and will graduate in May with my BA in Psychology. I work fulltime as a paralegal. We have 3 dogs and a cat. We also have 2 grown sons who live close by so I get to see them as much as I want to.

We just recently bought a bowflex and I already have a stationary bike so I have plenty of opportunity to work out when I have time (I WILL make time to workout).

It looks like this is a pretty supportive group of people and I look forward to learning more about low-carbing, getting my excess weight off (it seems so overwhelming right now), and making this a true lifestyle.

I look forward to getting to know you all and throwing my 2 cents worth in from time to time.

Crystal

liddie01
Sat, Nov-18-06, 09:20
hi crystal! :wave: its great to meet you!

SunnyCarol
Sat, Nov-18-06, 10:07
Welcome to the forum! I noticed that back in 2003 you only posted an introduction and never came back. It really helps to stay around and participate--it gives you support and accountability. Keep coming back!

Sunny!

Shelywelly
Sat, Nov-18-06, 11:11
Crystal what a wonderful name! ive never come across anyone called that! its really nice :):)
and i hope that this time around that you will find it much easiyer, with us around im sure your be right on track.

Ive been a member here for 2weeks and i find its the best place for information i dont look on websites no more i just come straight here if i need a questions answered. and im still a newbie so i try and help the best i can to :)
Shell x