PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Im over 50....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Arie
Fri, Nov-17-06, 23:15
Hi OFs :)
I must have overlooked this forum.. well.. Just wanted to say hi. Im 53, on LC for a few years, lost over 115 lb, and feel better then I felt in 20 years..and all my medical tests agree..

I say that the 50s is the new 30s.. :)

ginyer
Fri, Nov-17-06, 23:32
Hi ARie,

I'm 47 myself, so close to that 50 mark and hoping that for me I will be in better shape and look better than I have in my 40's. Way to go...you are quite an inspiration! I am down 37 myself and it is amazing....no more blood pressure medicine, fewer aches and pains, no more sciatic pain shooting down the hip...everything is 100 percent better.

Glad to have you around!

ddaniels
Sun, Dec-10-06, 10:49
I'll be 50 in about 10 days- and AARP has already sent me a letter! Sheesh!

I admit, I'm not too excited about turning 50. My husband didn't seem to mind at all, though. One thing I AM happy about is that I made my weight goal before I turned 50. I now weigh what I weighed in my early 20's. Too bad I wasted almost 25 years being overweight!! Everyone always talks about how hard it is to lose weight when you are older, so I'm glad I managed to accomplish this before it got even harder to do!

Debbie