PDA

View Full Version : New to Adkins- made it through induction!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

June30
Thu, Nov-16-06, 11:12
Hi, I am new and have keep a low profile with my adkins diet for the last two weeks. It hasn't been easy but i have found if I keep the right foods in my fridge and prepare i can stay on track. I am trying to focus on a far off date for my goal rather than the immediate gratification of the weekly scale weigh in.. It seems to help.
I tend to be a stress eater and in the last 4 years have gained approx 22 pounds. A big stress factor for me is my young son is on his 2nd tour in the middle east.
I'm glad I found this fourm to give me tips, ideas, receipes and hope when i see other achieve their goals!

~Nora~
Thu, Nov-16-06, 11:22
:wave: Welcome to the forum, June30.

I'll say a prayer that your son stays safe. :bhug:

Good luck with LCing. :cheer:

CourtneyUU
Thu, Nov-16-06, 11:41
Welcome to our community, June30 =)

What a huge stress you have to deal with -- my thoughts and prayers are with you, too.

Courtney

tman6297
Thu, Nov-16-06, 12:17
Hello and welcome to the boards. You should be proud...you are the mother of an American Hero! Tell your son thank you for me (a marine). Thank him for keeping me and my family safe. We will pray for him; for his safety and strength. God be with you and your son. Draw from his strength and you will have no problem with this WOE. :thup:

June30
Fri, Nov-17-06, 07:58
Thanks for all your prayers. I will pass the message onto my son.

Shelywelly
Sat, Nov-18-06, 11:20
i can't imagine how you must be feeling. i hope this website serves you well, were all here to support you :) welcome!