PDA

View Full Version : how did it take me so long to find this forum!?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Seasons
Mon, Nov-13-06, 16:47
well i just joined this forum today and i have to say that i havent moved my arse out of my chair for over three hours!! and im still reading my first thread(Bears carnivore thread), and ive seen many others that im intrested in.....
how did it take me so long to find this forum!?

anyway, im a recovering Vegan(6 years), and am just starting to adhere to a low-carb diet....well see how it goes.

Seasons
Mon, Nov-13-06, 16:49
oh yeah, couple general questions....

what does the "progress" percentage in the upper right-hand corner of a persons post mean?

also what are the little pictures of steak or chicken or lobsters next to people avatars??

:help:

thanx...

Seasons
Mon, Nov-13-06, 16:50
"Meat points"...nevermind on that one. :o

iamonlyme
Mon, Nov-13-06, 17:06
If you go into the thingy that says MY PLAN and you input information in there...those stats will show up.....:)

I am new too...so that is all I have to say about that....:)

candy1123
Mon, Nov-13-06, 17:23
and I need some accountability to helpe me achieve my goal of losing 25 lbs.

Rosebud
Mon, Nov-13-06, 17:27
oh yeah, couple general questions....

what does the "progress" percentage in the upper right-hand corner of a persons post mean?

also what are the little pictures of steak or chicken or lobsters next to people avatars??

:help:

thanx...
The progress percentage is the percentage weight lost of the amount you wish to lose. And as you have presumably discovered, you can find out about the steak or chicken or lobsters by clicking on them. :)

Welcome!

Rosebud:rose:

candy1123
Mon, Nov-13-06, 17:27
im so new at this today, sorry but thanks for tips

SunnyCarol
Mon, Nov-13-06, 18:41
how did it take me so long to find this forum!? well i just joined this forum today and i have to say that i havent moved my arse out of my chair for over three hours!! and im still reading my first thread(Bears carnivore thread), and ive seen many others that im intrested in.....
how did it take me so long to find this forum!?
anyway, im a recovering Vegan(6 years), and am just starting to adhere to a low-carb diet....well see how it goes.Well, I sure don't know! We've been waiting on you--where have you been? :wave: :lol: Sorry, I couldn't resist. Welcome to the low carb life.

Sunny!

SunnyCarol
Mon, Nov-13-06, 18:47
The progress percentage is the percentage weight lost of the amount you wish to lose. And as you have presumably discovered, you can find out about the steak or chicken or lobsters by clicking on them. :)

Welcome!

Rosebud:rose:

Seasons: From your stats, you are indicating you want to GAIN 10 pounds? When you change the middle number, your precentages change.

Confused Sunny!

Seasons
Mon, Nov-13-06, 19:22
yeah, im looking to gain alittle muscle....

..i dont have much fat and dont consume many carbs previous to finding this site...except some raw honey...and a half a banana post lifting weights....so i wont be cutting that many carbs...but i will be upping my meat consumption.....my fat consumption is already really high.

so what is "low carbs" actually?

i thought i saw someone mention 30grams.......i think i get maybe around 100grams right now.....i was thinking of cutting that to 50grams for a few weeks and then progressing to 30??