PDA

View Full Version : Intro

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lairkeeper
Sun, Nov-12-06, 18:54
I just joined the forum this week. My husband went to his doc this week and the news was not good. Because he is "prediabetic" and has high cholesterol his doctor prescribed the South Beach diet. I've been reading through the South Beach forum and am already learning quite a bit. I did read the South Beach Diet book and we will be beginning phase I tomorrow. Thanks for all the info you've all already made available to the masses! :wave:

JackRyan53
Sun, Nov-12-06, 21:42
[B]Always good to know that "Low Carb" was prescribed by a doc! The upside is that Low Carb fare is great "Guy Food"!

Arie
Mon, Nov-13-06, 01:17
I just joined the forum this week. My husband went to his doc this week and the news was not good. Because he is "prediabetic" and has high cholesterol his doctor prescribed the South Beach diet. I've been reading through the South Beach forum and am already learning quite a bit. I did read the South Beach Diet book and we will be beginning phase I tomorrow. Thanks for all the info you've all already made available to the masses! :wave:

Very cool Dr.!!! I also was "pre-diabetic" before losing the weight. Now my prediabetic condition it totally reversed (unless I gain the weight back), and my cholesterol and blood pressure levels are text book normal. It work! I has to! :)
Good luck to you and your hubby.

CourtneyUU
Mon, Nov-13-06, 07:41
My boyfriend comes from a long line of diabetics -- we. too, are hoping to avoid that in his future. This way of eating definitely supports that desire!

Glad you found our forums, there is a wealth of information here!

Courtney

lairkeeper
Mon, Nov-13-06, 08:36
Thanks for the warm welcome. Tell me, in phase one did many of you snack on peanuts? I'm confused about counting them. Is that 20 peanuts in shell or out of shell?

Mysticgrl
Mon, Nov-13-06, 10:07
:wave: Hi. I'm new to this site. Not new to Low Carb. I went on a low carb several years ago and lost 30lbs. Felt great, looked great. Slowly put it back on. Now am very eager to get back to where i was before. I have alot less pressure in my life now and am hoping to make this work. I am enjoying the forum and all the information available. I also switched my diet pop because i was hitting a plateau and not lossing . In reading the forum i realized i needed to switch to a Splenda type beverage. It is working again. Woohoo!! Thanks. And hello to everyone!!~mysticgrl

JackRyan53
Tue, Nov-14-06, 07:31
I'm only on my first week....I'm more of a "Less Carb" type than a "Low Carb" type as in the Schwarzbein Philosophy.....I get more carbs to play with if I work out, etc. I think I am averaging 30-35 carbs a day when my activity is low and about 80 or so when I work out like a big dog.....Really not doing the Atkins Induction thing. Dumped 2 lbs already by just not eating chocolate and junk food as well as upping my protein....

I think almonds are a good source of Protein and Fiber....Just have to limit how much I have each day!! Hope to go back to keeping track of my food and carbs on Fitday.Com....

Keep checking in and let us know how you are doing!!! Great not being the only new dude on the block...

IrishShrty
Tue, Nov-14-06, 08:13
Hi and welcome! Good luck on your journey!

tbuilder
Tue, Nov-14-06, 09:39
Hey, I'm new here. I have been eating this way for about 9 years and I will never go back. Just cruising to see what some are dealing with...I lead a little group to help folks make better choices for overall health, not just weight. So...hello