PDA

View Full Version : New here and want to say "hello"

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kisal
Sat, Nov-11-06, 00:15
:) (I hope I'm doing this post correctly.) I've been low-carbing for slightly over 2 years now, and have had good results, but I seem to have stalled out. I haven't lost any weight since this past June. I think I just got sloppy about watching my carb intake. I plan to begin a meat fast tomorrow. I'll try it for 4 days and see how it works.

I'm an older lady with some disabilities that prevent me from doing much in the way of exercise. I wonder if any other forum members might have some suggestions for me in that area? I also take several prescription medications, so I have to keep my carb intake pretty low (20 to 30 gm/day), as well as count calories because of my inability to be active. It's a real challenge!

I'm hoping to find some encouragement here. :) My doctors are cheering me on wonderfully, but all I hear from my friends is negativism. :( You know, the "bad diet, yadda, yadda, yadda" routine.

Thank you.

Kisal

willowmh
Sat, Nov-11-06, 01:02
Welcome Kisal!

This is a great list to be on and very supportive! It looks to me by your stats that you are doing well!

Don't let a stall get you down. Think how far you have already come! It's terrific! :cheer:

As for negative friends.. :bash: . What on earth can they possibly have to say bad about what you are doing? Your stats are pretty awesome! The only people who hold onto the idea that low carb is bad are people who haven't really taken the time to learn about it and/or don't understand how it works. Ignorance may be bliss, but sometimes listening to it is a pain in the backside! :spin:

CourtneyUU
Sat, Nov-11-06, 09:16
Welcome to the community, Kisal!

Courtney :)

Boxer3007
Sun, Nov-12-06, 16:40
Hi everyone just stated low carb 4th day now weighed my self

starting weight 11st 10 bounds
12/11 11 st 6 pounds

4 pounds down in 4 days is this normal and will i keep loosing weight like this or is this water loss ? :help: i only need to loose 15 lbs!!!

joesfolks
Sun, Nov-12-06, 18:08
If your friends bother you, change the name of the diet. Call it the Whole Foods balanced nutrition diet. If they ask further about it tell them it was designed by a doctor and it teaches you how to introduce carbs into your diet slowly. This will satisfy them. They don't have to know that you are still avoiding flour, rice, sugar and bread. Just tell them that it goes in steps and so far you haven't reached the processed carbs step. You don't have to tell them that you may never reach it.

PaleoCH
Sun, Nov-12-06, 18:46
:)
I'm an older lady with some disabilities that prevent me from doing much in the way of exercise. I wonder if any other forum members might have some suggestions for me in that area? Thank you.

I have some recurrent knee problems and find that exercise bikes and elliptical machines work well when walking or running is too difficult.

Kisal
Mon, Nov-13-06, 19:47
Thank you, PaleoCH! Excellent idea. I'll dig out my exercise bike from under all the clothes that are piled on it, and start using the bike for its intended purpose! LOL!

Silverin90
Thu, Nov-16-06, 12:19
hello there, it never ceases to amaze me when folks speak on something they have't researched or tried. i've been LCing for a while now. i've not posted before, but i've enjoyed reading everbody ones. i've lost weight and gained it when i'm not watching... i decided to shake my system up a bit over the last 11 days.. i've been doing scarsdale and i've lost 8lbs so far. i miss my butter and bacon! but this has been interesting i went on it before many years ago.

Yvette

SandraEB73
Fri, Nov-17-06, 12:05
Welcome Kisal!
Congrats on your amazing success so far.
My Mother is 78, and she too has difficulty with certain forms of exercise. She does a lot of light dumbells and stretchy band alternatives that she can do while sitting. also things like leg and arm lifts. It's not exactly cardio but it helps to keep her limber and stretched for the days that she does feel up to more strenuous activity.
Keep up the good work!

Billiejo57
Fri, Nov-17-06, 12:19
Hi everyone just stated low carb 4th day now weighed my self

starting weight 11st 10 bounds
12/11 11 st 6 pounds

4 pounds down in 4 days is this normal and will i keep loosing weight like this or is this water loss ? :help: i only need to loose 15 lbs!!!

Hi , your right on target, although most of the first weight we lose is water weight! it is still exta weight that we need to get rid of !! then after that the body will start to burn the fat! Your doing great ! I Started Tuesday Nov 14 and was losing 2 lbs the first 3 days, but now down to one lb,but im very happy with it! totol of 7 lbs on my 4th day!! good luck to you and everyone! Lets stay the course, if we do that, we all will make our goals, but even more than that we will learn to live a whole knew way of life! Hugs to all!!