PDA

View Full Version : Just recently started low carb again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lanag
Thu, Oct-26-06, 11:47
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum. I used to do the low carb diet before and I didn't have much success. I friend of mine talked me into trying it again. I've been doing it now for about two months or so. I'm not seeing a weight loss but seem to be seeing a slight difference in the way my clothing is fitting. Is this normal? I think I'm doing everything right but I'd love to see those pounds go down. Anyone have the same problem? Thanks I also forgot to mention that I'm on anti inflammitory meds and I've heard that this can make it difficult to have a successful loss.

JaneDough
Thu, Oct-26-06, 11:57
It's common to lose inches in weeks you may not be losing much weight, so some balance between these two results is normal. If you've read the book and can be sure of your eating, you probably just need a little patience to get you over the rough spots. That can be tough I know, but just think where you can be this time next year. Welcome to the forums!

Dylan
Thu, Oct-26-06, 12:11
Atkins explains this is completely normal.

I wondering if you're going to give it a fair shot since your friend talked you into it.
You wont be disapointed if you're prepared. THere is a lot of informed information and advice on this forum, so if you have any questions...ask away.
Good Luck ;)

Mousesmom
Thu, Oct-26-06, 12:15
Perhaps if you post a menu someone here can offer some advice? Are you drinking lots of water? Exercising? Eating enough fat? Eating enough overall?

We're happy to help!

Julie

MicheleK
Thu, Oct-26-06, 14:35
Welcome to the forum!!! :)

tman6297
Fri, Oct-27-06, 11:38
My advice is to throw your scales away and not replace them for at least 6 months. I hate the scales :devil: ... they are my enemy. Their is nothing more discouraging than expecting them to be lower and finding they havn't budged or they have moved in the wrong direction. Instead, keep eating the right foods and verifying your intake with what your book says you can have.
My wife will not allow me to physically throw them away but I have refused to use them.

lanag
Sun, Oct-29-06, 23:30
Thank you for the reply. I seriously have thought about getting rid of them. How long have you been on this plan? How fast did your weight go down. I know I shouldn't compare myself to other people but I was just wondering if other people have had as slow a start as I am having. I work with a girl who lost so much so quickly. I do take anti inflammitory pills and I'm trying to get off of those but I don't know if I can keep it up or not. I've probably only lost like five or seven pounds in six weeks. Isn't that crazy?

hopeo
Mon, Oct-30-06, 05:50
yes it could be the pills, dr atkins say in his book all about diffrent pills that can sow you down with weight loss.
but some people do see that there pants are geting loser, and that sure is a great feeling, you hang in there girl, give it some time, your body has to get use to your new way of life, good luck to you .

sharon8
Mon, Oct-30-06, 07:13
Hi Lanag,

Welcome!

I lost quickly last time but am going super slow this time. I think the chocolate and chips that got me back up to my old weight might be making my body think that this nice, healthy l/c diet is a fast :)

They tell me, it can take a while for your metabolism to come to terms if you have been a yo-yo dieter. Hang in.

And starting a journal can be a great help.

See you 'round.

lanag
Mon, Oct-30-06, 07:36
Thank you so much for letting me know that I'm not alone. I'm feeling better about everything this morning. I'm not ready to quit yet by far. I just finished my scrambled eggs with cheese and salsa. Yummy!! I love feeling so much more in control. Good luck to you too. Have a great day.

Lasnikart
Mon, Oct-30-06, 07:37
Good Morning Lanag

I agree with the other ladies about the scale. I was also hooked to the scale and the ketones stick. I was carrying them around in my purse at one point. Look at your body and learn and love it and watch how your clothes fit and follow the book..You will loose...Keep your head up!

lanag
Mon, Oct-30-06, 17:16
My day turned out pretty good. I got ready to go to the grocery store and to my surprise I could fit into a pair of pants that I couldn't even fasten before. I was feeling a little bit prettier today. It makes me want to keep on going!!!!!!!!!

sharon8
Mon, Oct-30-06, 17:25
:cheer: Go girl!! :cheer:

That's fantastic! I'm so pleased for you.

lanag
Mon, Oct-30-06, 17:49
Thanks Sharon

hopeo
Mon, Oct-30-06, 17:51
good going , it sure make you feel good when those pant are fiting better . i did ok so far today .i walk 30 rounds today, it felt good to do it. and i have been good with my food, as i said so far, the night is not over yet, but i am not going to eat any more tonight, i will just make my self a cup od green tea. nice to talk with you all

lanag
Fri, Nov-03-06, 23:04
Haven't been on here in a while. Still doing really well. I couldn't stay off the scales. I'm down four more pounds today. Finally, making some progress. I'm going out to lunch with my family tomorrow. I'll have to stay carb free. Not hard to do when those cravings are gone. I still love eating this way. I never thought I would be saying that.

lanag
Sun, Nov-05-06, 17:04
Went to Apple Bees yesterday. Had the steak and shrimp kabobs. Had them sub the rice for extra broccoli. Was a good meal and no guilt.

IrishShrty
Sun, Nov-05-06, 18:48
Went to Apple Bees yesterday. Had the steak and shrimp kabobs. Had them sub the rice for extra broccoli. Was a good meal and no guilt.
Way to make good choices!! :thup: