PDA

View Full Version : Astro Yogurt

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

chewn
Thu, Oct-26-06, 08:28
Does anyone know if Astro Yogurt is available in the US? I just tried Dannon's low carb low sugar yogurt and it's really inedible -- I heard Astro was good. Aby thoughts?

CindySue48
Thu, Oct-26-06, 16:48
I buy only plain whole milk yogurt and add my own fruit.

1/2 cup with 1/2 cup berries and 1/4 cup nuts (walnuts usually)....makes a great breakfast, filling, yummy, and sticks with you for hours. (Probably too high a carb count for induction)

I tried a couple of different "low carb" yogurts and didn't like any of them. Too artificial tasting, and all low-fat.

shotokarb
Fri, Oct-27-06, 06:16
Cant say if its available in the US, but I live in Canada and thats my yogurt of choice. Mmm.... I didnt think it was low carb friendly though.

chewn
Fri, Oct-27-06, 06:40
The website says the plain 3% style has 80 calories and 8 carbs, and even the flavored ones have less than half what something like Dannon has. But I don't think I can get it here....next time I'm in Canada though!

Thanks everyone; I think I'll try plain yogurt with berries next time.

Chewn

Newbirth
Mon, Oct-30-06, 21:57
The website says the plain 3% style has 80 calories and 8 carbs, and even the flavored ones have less than half what something like Dannon has. But I don't think I can get it here....next time I'm in Canada though!

Thanks everyone; I think I'll try plain yogurt with berries next time.

ChewnPlain yogurt with berries and a packet of Splenda (per cup of yogurt) is REALLY good. Better than anything in the store.