PDA

View Full Version : Room for Another?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

IrishShrty
Thu, Oct-19-06, 05:46
Hi all, I found this place by searching for low carb forums, and it looks like a really great place for support, so I would like to join in and begin a low carb journey with you if I may!? :wave:
I low Carbed for a couple years and did really good, I bit the dust when I stopped smoking, no biggy, I thought at the time, I can always lose weight, well, little did I know my metabolism would die...I have now accepted the fact that weight loss is not going to come easy, but it is time to get it back together, and start losing again! :wave:

CourtneyUU
Thu, Oct-19-06, 06:14
Always room for more! :) Welcome to our community and best of luck on your journey!

Courtney

Charran
Thu, Oct-19-06, 07:27
HI! There's always room for one more! Welcome and good luck on your journey!

Mousesmom
Thu, Oct-19-06, 10:01
We always make room for another dedicated low carber!!

Welcome!!!

Julie

dhania
Thu, Oct-19-06, 10:05
Hi Irish,

welcome, since we are all shrinking there is plenty of room for you :D

dhania

IrishShrty
Thu, Oct-19-06, 14:56
Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

lisaz8605
Fri, Oct-20-06, 11:28
Isn't it amazing how life and weight can come at us so quickly? You are already successful by your commitment to start again (which is what we all have in common). Welcome from one newbie to another!

tman6297
Fri, Oct-20-06, 13:22
:wave: Welcome Irish. One thing is for sure...if you had the strength to quit smoking the LC WOE will be no problem for you. You will do well.

IrishShrty
Fri, Oct-20-06, 15:35
:wave: Welcome Irish. One thing is for sure...if you had the strength to quit smoking the LC WOE will be no problem for you. You will do well.
You are certainly right there...it was the most difficult thing to do in my life! AUGH! They say it takes the body and metabolism 8 months to a year to adjust to being smoke free, I am a bit beyond that, so hopefully any time it will be picking up(or falling off) :D My goal was to hit 199 and become smoke free...I did that....a bit drastic weight gain, but I will redo my loss and have no reason to gain ever again:)

IrishShrty
Fri, Oct-20-06, 15:36
Isn't it amazing how life and weight can come at us so quickly? You are already successful by your commitment to start again (which is what we all have in common). Welcome from one newbie to another!
Thanks Lisa! Good luck to you also!