PDA

View Full Version : newbie: induction day 6

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

paleogal
Sat, Oct-14-06, 13:21
Hi! I'm paleogal. I live in Denver CO. I'm 39. I weigh 212.5 (down 5 lbs from day 1) And I'm a small framed 5 ft, 7 in., mother of three. I have set a goal of 135, and if I know my body as well as I think I do, I will get down below that.
I am in serious withdrawal. I've had a bad headache for 3 days now and I am extremely grumpy. My ketostix are in the second to the darkest purple range and I'm sure once my body finishes detoxing I am going to feel great! I wish I could just sleep til then.....but my kids won't let that happen. Too bad for them, now they have to deal with a grumpy mom.
I was always a super skinny kid...til I got pregnant and then I gained 60 lbs with each one. I took it off after my first one, but when it was time to take it off after the second, I found my self surprised by a third pregnancy, so I have pregnancy weight on top of pregnancy weight. I still look pregnant and people often ask me when I am due. (My youngest is 2 yo)
My back hurts frequently. I wake up with aches and pains. My knees hurt when I'm climbing stairs. My tummy hurts often. I look sloppy. Every activity is harder and more awkward. My center of balance is off. My libido is low. I'm sure I have systemic candida. My thighs chafe from rubbing together if I do too much walking. My feet hurt from having to carry such a heavy load. Being overweight seriously diminishes my joy in living. Time to let it go.
Last time I did atkins I easily got down to 125 and felt better than I had since I was 9.
I am fortunate that I have good looking parents who passed on good looking genes. I have always been considered attractive, and received special attention and kindness for being so. People aren't so nice to overweight people. In fact they can be rather mean. As a thin person, everyone I encountered stopped to hold a door open for me. As an overweight mother of three I'm invisable. Seriously, I don't even get eye contact from strangers. Maybe even worse than invisable. I seem to be offensive just by being.
On a positive note, my husband has never once made me feel bad about being overweight. In his eyes I'm as sexy as ever. Either one of my brothers would have left their wives for getting so heavy, or at least used it as justification for cheating. Not my husband. I could put on another 100 lbs and it wouldn't make a difference to him. That makes it SO much easier to make this effort! To know that in his eyes I'm beautiful no matter what...that failure doesn't exist. I am so very blessed in my marriage. Thanks, God! Thanks for helping me to recognize a good guy when I found him! I'm a lucky girl!
I'm a mother of three daughters ages 8, 5, and 2. It's important to me that I set a healthy example and also that I have the energy to zestfully enjoy life with them. I don't want to be the "fat mom" . I want to be the amazing mom. I want them to feel proud of me and inspired by me. I want them and their friends to wish they could grow up to be just like me. As such a large woman, I think many of their friends are afraid of me.
More than anything else, though, I just want to feel like my old self again. I want to enjoy the boundless energy that makes me jump out of bed in the morning excited to seize the day. I want to be the happy healthy girl I am meant to be.
Thanks for reading my ramble.
I look forward to sharing this journey with each of you~
Love~
Paleogal

ChaseZ
Sat, Oct-14-06, 15:28
*waves* It's nice to see you here! GL in your journies! See ya 'round the forums. =0D

DaddioM
Sun, Oct-15-06, 04:48
GL Paleo girl! ...and welcome!