PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

shirleyt1
Sat, Oct-14-06, 09:02
Hello, I love this site. I started Atkins on October 1st. I didnt measure..although I wish I would have because my clothes are really loose already, but I have only lost about 6 pounds. I also have been drinking diet sodas, but I did buy the ketone strips. They have been dark everytime. I had a baby almost 8 months ago, and I need to lose about 45 more pounds. I just wanted to introduce myself and let everyone know how encouraging this board is!
Thanks

CourtneyUU
Sat, Oct-14-06, 10:08
Congratulations on your new baby! That is just a precious picture of you both!

Welcome to our community, and much luck on your successes to come!! This is indeed a great group of people - I learn at least one thing new a day here, and my dedication to this way of life is constantly renewed.

kiszes
Sat, Oct-14-06, 10:12
Welcome girl and we are all here for you.

Just a post away.

ChaseZ
Sat, Oct-14-06, 15:29
Welcome and congratulations on your miracle. I Look forward to being of support.. see you 'round the forums. =0D

shirleyt1
Tue, Oct-17-06, 04:52
Thanks Everyone for the encouragement and kind words. I havent been on in a couple of days, and I dont know why..It has been so hard the past few days. I cut the caffeine and diet sodas out, but the ketone sticks are now even lighter! I havent lost anymore weight either. This is the discouraging part. With the holidays coming up...I also teach, and there is a Halloween bake-off. I will not go to it though! Quick question before I have to get ready. I know that there is milk in cheese, but the carb count says 0. I havent been eating too much..just a few small pieces of cheddar...Is that too much? Thanks again!

joesfolks
Tue, Oct-17-06, 07:21
Just stay the course. I hear that the ketone sticks are not really reliable. If you are drinking your water they can get diluted. If they are at all purple you are doing fine. Give it a chance. You may not lose every single day. You might want to just weigh yourself once a week or so. I found a little trick that works for me when I am bombarded with high carb stuff like at a bake sale. I tell myself that those "goodies" can scream at me all they want. I am the one who is in control of the situation and if I say I won't eat them, then there is nothing they can do to change it. You would be surprised at how it empowers you to make this conscious thought. Wishing you all the best.

shirleyt1
Fri, Oct-20-06, 16:35
Hello! Just a quick update! I havent had any caffeine all week. I weighed in the nurses office at school, and I have lost 8 pounds since last time! I knew the cloths were loose. I even wore a pair of jeans to casual day today that I havent worn in 3 years! (I keep everything) I was just wondering...Ive been reading other threads, and some are saying to subtract the fiber grams from veggies. So, if a serving of romaine lettuce has 3g of carbs per serving and 2g of dietary fiber, does that mean that the carbs I count should only be 1 g per serving? So can I officially have twice as much salad? Thanks again for all of the encouragement?

fabi05
Fri, Oct-20-06, 16:38
Hi Shirleyt1:
I am new here and I am looking for support too. This seems like a great place. I understand that you can get frustrated sometimes, I work in a school too and temptation is everywhere. So far you've lost weight and that's AWESOME... Keep up the good work. Kisses,