PDA

View Full Version : New me, New post and um...new me

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

meatme
Sat, Oct-14-06, 02:17
Hi, "meatme" here. Been on Atkins before. I don't eat many sweets (at least I never had before) I think my main problem is...I don't eat much! Sounds ridiculous, but it's true.

I am at this moment microwaving bacon, as I know in the beginning you seem to want to eat more than usual, and eggs! I eat a lot of hot peppers, and mix em in.

Otherwise.....I dont' eat all day. I drink tea with NO sugar, and I believe there is some caffien in my herbal tea.

I work out an hour and a half EVERY day, and only lost 5 lbs...but that was BEFORE I started to add or shall I say "take out" carbs.

May be menopause, as I'm 40 now, but may be just that my body says "FOOD???? I remember FOOD...HOLD ON TO IT!" and that, myfriends is why I think I can't seem to drop a pound. My doctor insists I'm not menopausal, but he is a man, and he said it may be just my metabolism. I really do work out!

ugh! I have always ALWAYS weighed 126 or 135. My entire life, but in the past 2 years...up to 160! (and it seems my body is good friends with 160)

I need to get rid of this to move forward! ( Ooh I said I lost 5 lbs...gained it back..ugh)

thank you! I feel better.

Oh and I'm married with a 19 year old, and 14 year old...plus 3 step kids that are 17, 21, 22. Also have a granddaughter (step).

Hey...!!! I love tomatos and can't seem to find if they are ok.....are they?

I do eat peanuts and sunflower seeds a lot (I believe in place of meals) may be nerves to keep munching like that, but I did buy pork rinds to go to my daughters Homecoming game tonight, so I wouldn't want all those hotdogs..yum!

help me. My body seems to betray me. It's really, and I'm not kidding...HANGING ON! I think air must weigh something...and if so...I've stored it in my thighs!

Okay done. :wave:

canucksrus
Sat, Oct-14-06, 16:04
Hi & welcome to the forum!!

I really do work out! I know what you mean. I exercise all the time and prior to returning to work in Sept. worked out a LOT (more than I can now) and saw very little change in my weight & my measurements despite my efforts. It lead to much frustration and I fell off the LC wagon a few months ago, I believe as a result of that. It's hard to stay motivated when you're not getting the results you want.

(and it seems my body is good friends with 160) Annoying isn't it? Why can't our bodies be more friendly with the 20's or 30's!! :D

Sounds like you have a very busy household! As for your question about tomato's, they are fine on Atkins, but how much of them is dependant on what phase you're doing. If you're doing strict induction, you might want to watch as they are a little carbier than some of the other veggies. If you're trying to follow induction to the letter, peanuts and seeds aren't allowed during the first 2 weeks.

Anyhew, welcome again and I wish you much success on your weight loss journey!!

Blue eyes
Sat, Oct-14-06, 16:08
Hi Meatme,

Welcome to the forums. Yes, tomatoes are acceptable. Good thing, huh.

If you start a journal and post your meals in it everyday, we can see how you're doing and give you some encouragement. You really need to eat more and drink plenty of water to purge your system in order for this WOE to work properly. At least you made the first positive step by starting LC again. That's good.

Wishing you success this time around.

Donna

meatme
Sat, Oct-14-06, 19:19
Thank you! I do love the tomato.

Yes, i need to eat more often I know.

We only have two of the kids in the house btw, the teens. Not that busy.

Problem:

I work with all men! Not one woman in the place and not many call.

I live with 2 men and my 14 year old is always busy doing something. I love to cook, cook for those men that tell me my cooking is great....which means yes, a lot of carbs around the house!

Tonight: I ate sasauge, no bread.
tomato with fresh mozzarell

1/4 cup chicken with cream sauce.

Broccolli with cheese sauce.

I also made fish on the grill ( for later)
chicken wings on the grill (for later)
boiled eggs (for later)

later meaning: Sunday when I'm having compnay for a ....get this....PASTA PARTY! ahhhh see my problem? Men and family and carbs...some coming over are vegetarians...hence the pasta party! I've always been the smallest in the family so, against them...I'm still small.

Oh but hey, I did weigh myself and I'm not 160 anymore....I'm 155. So, I guess the gym is kinda working. Not sure, as I was not going for the past two weeks due to a kidney infection that brought me to the hospital.

Otherwise, I'm great....that time of month...and still 5 pounds down, not sure what my body is diong.

Problem 2. - I know seeds are not allowed, but it's my only thing that I eat all day.

Problem 3. - I don't have many lady friends around me....seems like I'm always around men. I just moved back here and most of my girlfriends are out of town...phone bill high, but daily support....low. (well, hubby seems to be sweet on me) hahahaha :lol:

thank you all again, I'm trying not to talk too much as that gets annoying but....I seriously need support, want to be back to my 130 135 again...when I was most happy with myself.

Me ;)

joesfolks
Sun, Oct-15-06, 13:00
I would be surprised if you were truly in menopause. It doesn't usually happen at your age. But I think you do need to eat more often. I know that can be hard for some people especially since lc tends to do away with hunger. But perhaps you could try to do several small meals a day. You willl of course want to follow your plan. It may take some time for your body to re-learn how to eat like this but it will happen. You just really don't want to allow yourself to get too hungry because that is when those pesky carbs become too much temptaion. Best wishes to you.

meatme
Sun, Oct-15-06, 21:13
I am possibly the worst eater in the world. My doc put me on Toprol because my heart, at rest, was beating 175 bmp. Could that be stopping the metabolism? I don't understand..but you know what...I'm goingto work out everyday and do the induction to the letter, don't you think by Friday I should see SOME results?