PDA

View Full Version : 1st time here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

rene109
Thu, Oct-12-06, 15:00
I have just been told my AC1 test was 6.0 and that I am a borderline diabetic. I don't understand why as I don't eat junk or fast food or fats much. I have cut my sugar intake way down over the last 5 years or so.

I did have gestational diabetes but had 3 glucose tolerance tests over the years that were negative.

Is 6.0 really borderline?

MizKitty
Thu, Oct-12-06, 17:37
Hi!
Dr. Atkins last published book, "Diabetes Revolution", is aimed specifically at pre-diabetics trying to stop from becoming diabetic.
Your profile says "diabetic diet"... if by this you mean as recommended by the ADA, that unfortunately will not stop the progression of this disease.
But you can probably pull yourself back from the brink by following the eating recommendations in Atkins book...
I hope you'll get a copy and read it.
And good luck to you! Stick around here for lots of support!

DaddioM
Thu, Oct-12-06, 22:45
I'm not sure of the numbers, but sometimes it's just genetic.

You said you've cut sugars WAY back. Have you been doin LC all along, but just found this sight?

If you were doing low fat before.. check some of the labels (low fat milk for instance, or low fat dressings).. tons of sugar.

You might want to post your question in the support forum, you might get a better response.

GOOD LUCK and welcome to the forum!!

Mike