PDA

View Full Version : Commitment Is Hard

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

workinit
Sun, Oct-08-06, 22:28
hello, everyone!
it has been suggested to me by my nutritionist that i follow a low glycemic diet due to my pre-diabetes diagnosis. i LOVE "eat to live", so i'll be attempting to incorporate that book into a low glycemic lifestyle.

i am extremely non-commital, especially when it comes to dieting. so, i've come here for inspiration and :help: and, hopefully, i can stick around long enough to see some sort of result.

if i am still here after two weeks or so, then the chances of my commiting are increased. :lol:

here's wishing me the best! :thup:

dearmommy
Mon, Oct-09-06, 01:12
Welcome and hope to see you lots!!!

ojoj
Mon, Oct-09-06, 01:48
Welcome and good luck.

From what you've said if you dont/cant commit to the diet, you're soon gonna become a diabetic with all the pitfalls and illnesses that may go with it - so try to make this a life changing decision. Stay with it and with this forum, there's so much help and info here

Jo

pennink
Mon, Oct-09-06, 06:39
There are so many people on this forum who have lost a ton of weight, and you can be one of them, too. I intend to be.

Unfortunately, the key to success is commitment. I haven't cheated, not once, since I started on July 22/06. This way, regardless of what the scale tells me, I know I'll lose weight.

My diet is not just for my looks, it's to save my life. I have to look at everything I put in my mouth and say, is this going to hurt me or help me live longer? I really mean it. No cookie, no piece of anything 'illegal' is worth my life.

I posted this somewhere else, but here's the skinny: Would I rather have more goodies or more years?

Kinda simple when you break it down.

You can do this, you are not depriving yourself of anything but health and energy.

GO FOR IT. If you stick around we'll help you, we promise.

Good luck to you, I'm glad to see you here.

sldeal
Mon, Oct-09-06, 08:18
Hi WORKINIT you'll find this is a terrific way of life. I'm going on my 4th week now and I'm really beginning to enjoy my new WOL. The first 2 weeks were the hardest but if you visit the recipe forum it will help you to plan your menus wisely, you'll be surprise at how quick and simple it is. All in all, if you visit this site frequently, and read about others dilemmas and successes, you'll be encouraged to stick with it.

Good Luck, I know you can do it. :wave:

workinit
Mon, Oct-09-06, 22:45
thank you beautiful people!
i have shopped and am armed and ready...i shall post the results of my first day later!