PDA

View Full Version : New member, here for intestinal health

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

probiotic
Wed, Oct-04-06, 10:57
Having lurked here a while, I just wanted to pop in and say hi as a newbie, though I have been active for years on some other forums. I am LCing purely for intestinal health (IBD/IBS) as well as heart health rather than for weight loss. In my high carb days , years ago, I was actually closer to my ideal weight than now. It is a great to see such a wonderful meeting ground for low carbers of such different stripes to gather. Those (the majority) of you here for weight loss can take comfort knowing that your overall health will benefit in many other ways, I am certain.

JaneDough
Wed, Oct-04-06, 11:09
Yup - people report everything from improved blood pressure to glossier hair. Welcome, from one San Mateo County resident to another. :)

probiotic
Wed, Oct-04-06, 14:52
Thanks neighbor! And congrats on your amazing progress. If there was a "progress" for my overall/intestinal health, I'd list 80%... not my magic bullet, but the LC WOE lets me enjoy a normal life.

Newbirth
Wed, Oct-04-06, 19:49
Hey, San Mateo! I lived in Belmont when I was in high school! I now live in the east bay. :)

probiotic
Thu, Oct-05-06, 11:27
Hey back, East Bay! My old stomping ground until I moved a-x the Bay last year (from Hayward).