PDA

View Full Version : Baby (F)AT

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Disko
Thu, Sep-28-06, 20:05
Hey Im a noob here,but anyways before I got pregnant I didn't really have a weight problem. I was 120, I had a lil chunk,but nothing I ever really worried about. After giving birth I was left at 151lbs. Im on my third day on Atkins and been following it pretty strickly, but I have only lost one pound, could drinking caffinated epresso instead of decaf be slowing me down? In the book it says to drink caffine ( wich I can not function with out), I dont use heavy cream or anything just an equal.

JaneDough
Thu, Sep-28-06, 22:15
Actually, the advice is to NOT drink caffeine. But more importantly - what makes you think anything is slowing you down?! You've lost four cubes of butter in just three days of a fourteen day program. That's phenomonal, especially given how little you need to lose. Don't look past your accomplishments; appreciate every hard-earned loss, because you won't have them every day. And welcome to the forums.

mermaiden
Thu, Sep-28-06, 22:22
I think you are doing great. You are losing very fast! :)

Many here did not have to give up caffeine to succeed. It's fine in moderate amounts, and it does not stall most people. You're allowed 2-3 tablespoon of heavy cream on induction if you like.

Disko
Fri, Sep-29-06, 12:21
ohh I did forget the not part..... but either way I have heard of people losing 2 pounds a day or more on the atkins diet, maybe Im just setting my sites too high, Im very new at this. I have never been on a diet in my life,but either way I havn't put cream in my espresso since my freshman year in high school, It leaves room for more espresso.

SunnyCarol
Fri, Sep-29-06, 16:01
but either way I have heard of people losing 2 pounds a day or more on the atkins diet, maybe Im just setting my sites too high, Those people had 100's of pounds to lose. When you are close to your goal weight, it doesn't happen that fast. It's not possible to lose two pounds of fat per day. If even heavy people lose that fast, it's mostly water. This is the very best eating plan to lost fat fast, but it is not a miracle diet. Keep at it and the fat will come off and you will keep your muscle. Low fat low calorie makes you lose muscle mass.

Sunny!