PDA

View Full Version : Just saying Hi

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Megan27
Wed, Sep-20-06, 12:12
:wave: Hi
I googled Lowcarb and found this website. I looked around a bit and decided I need to stick around. Ive been doing the atkins LC for 10weeks now.
I have lost a little over 20lbs and am starting to lose faith.
I just need a little support and someone to reassure me that the weight is coming off slowly but surely :thup:
I feel this is the group of people who are going to get me through these doubtful days.
Im 27years old married to a musician and we have a beautiful son named Jackson(4 years old).
looking forward to getting to know you all!
megan

SweetSheri
Wed, Sep-20-06, 12:43
Hi Megan!Glad you are joining us! Don't lose faith you have done a wonderful job!20lbs in 10 weeks is GREAT!

msdbobby
Wed, Sep-20-06, 12:55
Hi Megan,
Welcome. Good place to come for support. 20 lbs in 10 weeks, sounds like you're moving along at a great pace. I wouldn't consider that as coming off slowly, stick with it and you'll reach your goal. I've had experiences where I've gone a month with no weight loss while remaining true to plan but have lost inches. There will be high's & low's but eventually it will come off.
Glad to have ya :wave:

MissieA
Wed, Sep-20-06, 15:44
2 pounds per week is not a slow rate, it's a healthy rate. Anything faster than that turns this into a diet rather than a life style change. Your doing great. Keep up the good work and congrats on your 20 pound loss.

Mousesmom
Wed, Sep-20-06, 16:45
Welcome and congrats on your loss so far!!!

Taking it off ~2#s a week makes it MUCH more likely to STAY OFF!!!!!!

Keep up the great work.

Julie

Megan27
Wed, Sep-20-06, 18:21
Thanks everyone for the nice words.
The reason Im a little fed up is because I actually started dieting the beginning of April. I did the low fat, lots of veggies and fresh fruits...and only lost maybe 6lbs...of course most likely waterweight. I did this for several months, and excersized my butt off. But I couldn't take it anymore...I wanted better results and faster. So then I looked into the LC diets and read atkins book. It was great...and after detoxing from the carbs which took me longer than most..I feel better and none of my clothes fit....which is good..I just feel like im stuck...which Im not really...just bored I quess. I think I will find what im looking for here...I hope:)