PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mnk4ever17
Mon, Sep-18-06, 11:45
Hello everyone! I started the Atkins plan last Friday 9-15-06 and I'm still giving it my all. I have been overweight most of my adult life, but never was as a child. I have had so many ups and down in my weight mostly due to 4 pregnancies. I am beginning this WOL at 270 and I have already lost 5 pounds :thup: . Two years ago I weighed the same as I do now and I lost over 70 pounds just by limiting my foods. I felt so good about myself even though I was still 200#. I ended up putting it all back on after a back injury that required surgery and 4 months after that I quit smoking. I'm now almost 17 months smoke free!!! Yippee!! This being my first week of this low carb lifestyle has been a struggle for me. I have had headaches, which I know will subside and I seem to be feeling nauseated a lot of the time. I'm going to hang in there though! I owe it to myself as well as my family to get to a healthy weight. If anybody has any advice or success stories to share I would really love to hear them. I hope to get to know you all better, but my computer time is limited because of work and my attendance of college full time. Thanks for reading!
Kellie

klc145
Mon, Sep-18-06, 11:57
Welcome to the forum Kellie! Congrats on starting this new way of life and also staying smoke free!!

:)

Jules1023
Mon, Sep-18-06, 12:02
Congratulations on your great attitude regarding dieting and on your smoke free success!

Oh, and welcome to the forum too!!!

Jules

joesfolks
Mon, Sep-18-06, 16:10
I find that if I get nausiated it is time for me to eat something. As soon as I eat I feel much better.

nikeb00
Mon, Sep-18-06, 19:29
Welcome and best of luck to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the weight lost already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!