PDA

View Full Version : Tmajic

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tmajic
Sun, Sep-17-06, 18:36
Hello to all..I have enjoyed reading your lincs this past week and would like a little help! Now this is my biggest problem...I dont eat red meat...just dont like it...and I am not a big meat eater to begin with..it kinda grosses me out after a while...I love chicken but I get bored with it...and fish is such a pain to buy fresh, cook etc....so what are your suggestions??? I know someone else must have this problem so come on friends...also not big on the bacon/sausage either...thanks..I am excersing every day and just ordered my ketosis strips....any info would be helpful!! :help: :help:

LattéLover
Sun, Sep-17-06, 19:20
Hi Again Tmajic,

I feel for you bc I've often wondered how hard it would be to do low carb if I were vegetarian. I know you're not, but limited in the animal proteins you like. THat's not my case, but I will try to think of ideas.......hmmmmmm....let's see...........
:idea:
(1). I often do an easy stir-fry of firm tofu (low fat or not) with different veggies and President's CHoice Light Peanut sauce (delicious). I make a ton so have without any starchy carbs usually.

(2). My schedule is very busy and I value having time to relax on weekends so do very easy cooking, such as buying salmon fillets frozen and already in sauce (dill or herb and garlic delicious). Judt fry in olive oil or with nothing if good teflon pan then put various hot and cold veggies with. I have never worried about reading the amount of carbs or sugar in marinades in sauces and kept losing the weight, so i wouldn't worry.

(3). I vary chicken thighs vs chicken breasts with different sauces (curry, tamari and garlic also buy President's CHoice...).

(4). I also buy PC (President CHoice...maybe only in Canada) lean hamburgers already prepped and frozen and just fry up in 12 minutes. When I'm not having a starchy carb in that meal, I put onion, tomatoe, dijon mustard and regular ketchup, and cheese on it and it's delicious. Oops, sorry, forgot you don't like beef. It's hard bc veggie burgers seem to use lots of carbs. But you could try other soy products like tofu hot dogs, sausages, lunch meat, etc.

Good luck with your start!!

Latté Lover

tmajic
Sun, Sep-17-06, 19:59
Thank you...its the on the go stuff too...like for lunches...i seem to be eating a lot of cheese and I know this should be limited in induction....

Newbirth
Sun, Sep-17-06, 21:27
You don't like bacon or sausage - what about other forms of pork like pork loin and such? Buffalo? There's lots more meat at the store than just beef.

Some veggies burgers are low in carbs, and I always liked firm tofu, cubed and fried in maranade.

Welcome here!

LattéLover
Mon, Sep-18-06, 21:38
Thank you...its the on the go stuff too...like for lunches...i seem to be eating a lot of cheese and I know this should be limited in induction....

I don't know what induction means. THe strictest phase I ever did was no starchy carbs and limiting fruit and dairy and I still lost so worked for me. I almost always have had cheese and nuts daily. FOr on the go meals if no access to microwave, I would suggest tuna and slamon salads (with variety such as feta cheese, olives, sundried tomatoes, artichokes, etc). Easy to go meal can be cheese with lunch meat and lots of cold veggies with hommus and V8 juice. Good in between snacks is protein powder in a shaler cup (just add water and the vanilla one tastes like sweet water....better to have yogurt or soy milk with fruit, but for on the go, it's easy). I often add vailla protein powder to yogurt with fruit and makes like sweet dessert.

Just some ideas........

Latté Lover

locarbbarb
Mon, Sep-18-06, 21:47
I can't believe no one mentioned eggs! Scrambled, sunny-side up, over-easy, omelets, deviled, egg-salad....:)

Newbirth
Mon, Sep-18-06, 21:48
She's not on Atkins. :)

joesfolks
Mon, Sep-18-06, 23:19
There is a forum here for vegetarian low carbers. Maybe you might want to check it out. I'm sure they have some good ideas there for protein sources.