PDA

View Full Version : Latté Lover LOVVVVES Lattés and it works!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LattéLover
Sun, Sep-17-06, 09:48
Like my name, I love latté coffee and have found that having them regularly has helped me stay on weight loss efforts. It'S expensive but worth it for me. I get a Starbucks skim milk latté with extra foam than add Splenda and chocolate powder and it'S yuummmmmy!! Like a dessert but only is skim milk (with wonderful expresso coffee). THe cold ones are good to and as more of a treat, I've asked for the chocolate syrop it comes with, but ask for one pump instead of two (only 6 g of carbs and 4 of those sugar per pump). I also see by Starbucks nutritional pamphlet that they have a sugar-free chocolate syrup, but I'll have to see if we have it in Canada.
Just wanted to give a trategy that helps me!

Latté Lover :cool:

Newbirth
Sun, Sep-17-06, 21:10
Hmmm...the only sugar free (sf) syrups Starbucks has here are the hazelnut and vanilla. I would kill to be able to have chocolate sf syrup in my coffee. I have to use sf. I'm on Atkins and I also get acne whenever I add some sugar back in my diet.

Latte
Mon, Sep-18-06, 18:40
Hi Latte Lover

I too, get Starbucks Skim Latte's. They are awesome. I like how you make them extra yummy! :) Great idea.

Cool Name. ;)

Latte

LattéLover
Mon, Sep-18-06, 21:23
Hmmm...the only sugar free (sf) syrups Starbucks has here are the hazelnut and vanilla. I would kill to be able to have chocolate sf syrup in my coffee. I have to use sf. I'm on Atkins and I also get acne whenever I add some sugar back in my diet.

But can you at least enjoy the foam of a hot latté with sweetner and choc powder?

WOWWEEEE!!! Congratulations on that weight loss - amazing!!!! Only 9 pounds to go; take your time, you can do it, Newbirth! :D

Latté lover

LattéLover
Mon, Sep-18-06, 21:24
Hi Latte Lover

I too, get Starbucks Skim Latte's. They are awesome. I like how you make them extra yummy! :) Great idea.

Cool Name. ;)

Latte

Good to hear I'm not the only one loving the coffee treats! THank-you, you also have a wonderful name ;) ........now could you get in the French accent or do you prefer and English pronunciation.....that is the mystery question......

Latté Lover

Newbirth
Mon, Sep-18-06, 22:01
But can you at least enjoy the foam of a hot latté with sweetner and choc powder?

WOWWEEEE!!! Congratulations on that weight loss - amazing!!!! Only 9 pounds to go; take your time, you can do it, Newbirth! :D

Latté lover
No. Milk is too high in sugar. It's 12g a cup (yike!). That would have me gaining weight for sure.