PDA

View Full Version : Fast Abs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Danielle
Mon, Jan-21-02, 11:49
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has tried Fast Abs or any type of electronic muscle stimulation. I am tempted to buy it, but am not sure if it will show results. I have bought other exercise equipment in the past and usually end up never using them.
Thank you,
Danielle

ruby
Mon, Jan-21-02, 11:55
Hi,
I've been wondering the same thing. Do you mean the informercial one, the belt that stimulates contractions? My guess is it helps a little, but no magic cure. We still have to exercise. I'll keep peeking in to find out if it works.

Ruby :)

Trainerdan
Mon, Jan-21-02, 12:59
I just got one for Fern and I to use to see if it really does work ...

Obviously, it does not take the place of proper diet and exercise. If abs are covered by fat, they will not show through until most of the fat is gone.

But, if it gives an edge then I am all for it. So, we got the IGIA system. It has 4 electrode-like pads and we use it for 10 mins, 2x per week ... in addition to ourr normal ab work.

Only used it 2 times so far, so it is too soon to tell. We'll keep you posted.

lisaf
Mon, Jan-21-02, 13:24
Dan and Fern -

Thanks for guinea-pigging yourselves for us!

By the way, haven't physiotherapists been using equipment like this for years? I seem to remember a TENS-like machine being used on my back about 16 years ago at the physio's.

Lisa

Trainerdan
Mon, Jan-21-02, 15:14
Lisa,

Yes, therapists have been using this type of equipment for years now.

We both have very fond memories :rolleyes: of having an industrial version of this type of machine used on our quads during therapy when we were re-habbing our knees (between us, Fern and I have 1/2 of a healthy knee. Damn basketball.)

This is a very watered down version of that (the IGIA Electrosage uses only a 9 volt battery as a power source), but the same principles apply: muscle contraction caused by electrical stimulation.

Mindyd
Tue, Feb-12-02, 09:36
What's the scoop? Have you found any positive results from the use of that thing yet?

Mindy

ruby
Tue, Feb-12-02, 10:28
Hi!
I want the scoop too! Am waiting.

Ruby ;)