PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

durhamgirl
Thu, Sep-14-06, 16:15
Introducing myself...
I have finally gotten serious about LC (almost made it a month and a half now) after years of blood sugar problems and other health disasters. Don't need to lose weight as of now but need to keep feeling good : ) I am prediabetic and have had lots of blood sugar lows too (I used to pass out and was diagnosed hypoglycemic at 18 after a GTT). I'm 42 now.... why did it take me so long to get really serious?

anyway, one of the events that inspired me to finally take this step seriously was in late July. My boyfriend and I were driving around looking at houses and we stopped at the Cookout for milkshakes. This is a drivethru restaurant, not sure it's all over the country, but they have the best milkshakes I ever had. I had a caramel milkshake (I think the caramel added even more sugar than they normally have) and about 15 minutes later was really, really, sick. Headache, nausea, etc, etc. for several hours. This event inspired me to buy a home glucose meter, and I learned that my blood sugar was indeed going too high, i.e. 160 before dinner. I had felt that way before but never had it confirmed. Also, my boyfriend saying to me, "you really need to do something as you are feeling bad A LOT".

So, for the first time I have really gotten thru the sugar withdrawals, feeling energetic, sleeping well (low blood sugar would wake me up at night a lot), weight staying the same (don't want to lose or gain right now).

I have been reading stuff in this forum and figured I would finally join. Moral support/encouragement never hurts!

liddie01
Thu, Sep-14-06, 16:31
Hi, Great to meet you, I hope Low Carb helps to fix your blood sugar.

mlk18sHuny
Thu, Sep-14-06, 17:45
Welcome Durhamgirl! This really is a great source of information and support! :)

Newbirth
Thu, Sep-14-06, 20:37
Welcome. Low-carb is great for blood sugar issues.

Annabel33
Fri, Sep-15-06, 03:42
Hi Durhamgirl...

Wow, I really feel for you. That glucose issue is a bummer. I hope the LC lifestyle really kicks it for you.

x