PDA

View Full Version : another newbie to the forum...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

oncen4all
Thu, Sep-14-06, 01:14
hi everyone - I have been reading and looking on this forum on and off for a while now and decided to take the plunge and join - so hello.

I am also another person who lost alot of weight on the atkins in the past but then it all went to crumble through a break up of a relationship, losing my job, becoming very ill and my Grand Mother dying all in the space of 4 months.

I am an absolute carb junkie not an over eater and could never understand why I was so over weight. My family and friends all have said the same thing to me "but you don't eat much"
Recently I found out that I have some serious hormonal problems - which result to hypoglycemia, an enormous production of insulin and was advised to cut carbs then and it dawned on me that when I was doing the atkins - I felt great and it was the only diet that had ever worked for me and believe me I have tried almost all of them :)

So thats my story - looking for people to work through this together and keep each going because I HAVE TO DO THIS once and for all!!!!
I am sick of being the fat person that people say "you are so pretty - if you only lost some weight you would be gorgeous".

So here I am bearing my soul - started dieting on Sunday and have lost 4.5 kilos (10 lbs) so far.
I've been exercising for the first time in years to :)

So anyone want to become my diet buddy? - I am here and ready to support.
Good Luck to all of us

Mousesmom
Thu, Sep-14-06, 10:36
I am sick of being the fat person that people say "you are so pretty - if you only lost some weight you would be gorgeous".

I used to hear that all the time.... made me so mad!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I digress.....

Welcome to the forum and best success.

Julie

Annabel33
Fri, Sep-15-06, 03:46
Hi - welcome!

I hope you manage to achieve your goals and get your health issues under control.
:wave:

itsmelibby
Fri, Sep-15-06, 08:48
Boy I can sure understand where you are coming from. I am in the same boat. I lost 65 lbs on atkins then a beauty tradety came about. I fell off the wagon and broke my heart. So of course I gained it all back.
Now I am in week two of induction, and I feel great. Except in the morning when I am getting sick of eggs already ( not a good sign)

I need a diet buddy too .. everyone in my home is thin and eats whatever they want. So all the temptation is all around me.

Exersize. Well thats another story. Every morning I wake up to a cup of coffee and denise austin on lifetime. I do mostly the entire hour and then feel so much energy through the day I cant explain it. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed exersizing. I wish I could stick with it tho .. I have no one to do it with and I always find something else to do thats more important instead.

Nice to meet you .. welcome

oncen4all
Fri, Sep-15-06, 14:20
thanks for your responses.
I wish you all success.
this is such a great place to come and see that you are not alone

msdbobby
Fri, Sep-15-06, 14:28
Hi :wave:
No, you're definitely not alone. It's amazing how many people here have gone through or are going through the same things. Welcome, nice to have you join the forum.