PDA

View Full Version : I'm Wendy and I'm a carboholic

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

wendywoo
Mon, Sep-11-06, 08:38
hi everyone
After my two kids I was 186 lbs but over 18 months and by really watching my carbs with the help of Motivations weight control centre I dropped to 136 lbs which I maintained for over a year. In the last year the weight has crept on which I'm gutted about... I am presently 154 Lbs but determined to get the gain off! pasta, potato and rice are my down fall aswell as digging in to my kids snacks!! Going cold turkey from today so any help and advice from you lot out there would be greatly appreciated. :help:

moncheri26
Mon, Sep-11-06, 08:54
I m a carb addict as well lol at least we can admit it, what i do is before i reach for it i think about what i am putting into my body and think what it is doing to me. You would be surprised how much food goes in our mouths with out even thinking about it. well best to yeah

4beans4me
Mon, Sep-11-06, 09:00
Welcome to the forums Wendy, best of luck! :wave:

sueo
Mon, Sep-11-06, 09:55
I'm right there with you on the addiction to carbs.

I was really noble all last week and then went out for dinner with my folks on Friday night. The restaurant serves a basket of really killer garlic toasts to each table as you first sit down. I managed to avoid that, but at the end of the meal I ate 2. While I'm savoring the garlic, the little voice in my head was yelling, "oh that was good, go get more!".

Good luck getting back to the straight and narrow,