PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm Rena

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

RenaHall
Fri, Sep-08-06, 19:42
:wave: Hello All,
My name is Rena and I started lcing last Monday, August 28! My starting weight was 267...I know WOW!! I'm 20 years old...I actually don't look bad and people really don't know that I weigh this much...I am a very beautiful person and I have always been active. I've not always been so big. (even though I've always been bigger than my peers) I had mono when I was in the 9th grade of High School and I had to take MANY (just over one hundred pills) steroids to get out of bed and so Mono may be the best diet in the world because I did lose thirty pounds while I was sick but then I gained like all of that back and a thirty more from the steroids. But, anyways...I've never EVER been able to wear a two piece bathing suit and I would absolutely love to accomplish my goal and be in a bikini by next summer. I have now lost down to 262...I'm sorta disappointed because most people lose a pretty good bit in the first two weeks but I'm proud of my five pounds anyway! My husband thinks I'm hot now...which is GREAT but I know that there is an inner thinner me. My grandma (my best friend, who's now with God) always said that I could do anything that I put my mind to and I can...my mind is to it and I'm absolutely determined and I'm not giving up!!!
I am a Christian and I totally believe in the power of prayer. So, if there is any other Christian men/women on here, I would greatly appreciate your prayers!
I'll be honest and say that I haven't exercised but a few times in the past two weeks. However, I do intend to start back on my treadmill in the morning and weight train also. And I will also say that I have done ABSOLUTELY wonderful so far and the only time that I cheated on this diet was yesterday and I ate a cookie!! Big MISTAKE!! But, I didn't give up and I'm not going to....I did decide that I would diet 6 out of 7 days a week and I decided that every Tuesday I could eat what I want to. Basically, I incorporated the "Tuesday" deal because of my husband. He is very supportive and does not complain about eatting healthy but I did decide that it would be best to cook him a home cooked meal once a week. Why did I choose Tuesday? Because if I did it on the weekend then I would over do it because my husband is a professional singer and I travel with him on the weekends and we normally eat at buffets...if I took the weekend and ate what I wanted to then I would eat some of everything!! And Tuesday of this week, my husband wanted some pork and rice. So, I made some pork in a little olive oil and used brown rice. So, even though I ate some carbs, I went the healthy route anyways. I always use brown rice and I use olive oil to cook and I try to grill or bake verses fry. So, I just made the Tuesday deal because of Tuesday lol whenever I ate rice. But, it won't be every tuesday, it will be a couple Tuesdays a month (maybe two) because due to his traveling and concerts and due to my job we are usually gone on Tuesdays which is another great reason to use Tuesday lol. I've been married for over two years and we do not have any children.
I really could use all of the support I can get from here because I do lack it from family members. My husband DOES support me but my inlaws think that I am starving myself and they make little comments and so on. Basically, I just wanted to introduce myself. So!!! I'm Rena! And you are? ;)

JaneDough
Fri, Sep-08-06, 19:53
I did decide that I would diet 6 out of 7 days a week and I decided that every Tuesday I could eat what I want to.
I hope that approach works out for you, Rena. Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your success thus far. :)

RenaHall
Fri, Sep-08-06, 19:55
Thanks sooooo much!!! I hope so too!!! Congrats on your weight loss as well!! :p

scrlt9900
Sat, Sep-09-06, 07:58
Hey Rena,
Welcome , this is a great place for support .I've only been here for a few days and am looking around here whenever i get the chance...Good luck with everything ..I hope you attain all of your goals...There is no way we are starving ourselves.I'll tell you i lost 5 pounds in my first week and ate more than enyone in the house..I just ate the right foods.While my mom is keeping her weight down just eating one meal a day i ate three and it is so much easier for me, and i get the occassional snack in between...Anyway i look forward to your posts..

CourtneyUU
Sat, Sep-09-06, 08:51
I am a very beautiful person

I wish we all could see ourselves as beautiful, what a lovely attitude you have!

We're all pulling for your success, Rena -- let us know how your unique lc approach works.

Courtney