PDA

View Full Version : Hi Roomies

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Laserfrk
Mon, Sep-04-06, 12:03
Hello All.

I suspect we are all here for different reasons, I am a type II diabetic and would like to control it by diet alone. The problem is I love to eat and almost everything I like is high carb so I would like to learn how to cook low carb but still satisfy my cravings. I have some good recipes and will be posting them in the appropriate forum.

Nice to meet everyone ! :wave:

MizKitty
Mon, Sep-04-06, 15:44
Hi Laserfrk!
I am also new to the boards and type II diabetic.
Good luck to you!

Newbirth
Mon, Sep-04-06, 19:43
On a truly low-carb diet the cravings should go away within a week or two. I was a full fledged carb addict, and like a recovering alcoholic, the only way to stay in recovery is to stay away from the carbs.

Last week at church they had angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream. I just had some streawberries in a bowl - I no longer crave the cake and Cool Whip.

Laserfrk
Mon, Sep-04-06, 22:23
Hi MizKitty,

Thanks and good luck with your numbers. :thup:

Newbirth,

I’ve been told to help kick the some of the "sweet" cravings it's best to give up the non-sugar substitutes and eliminate the sweet tooth altogether. What are your thoughts on this?

:)

Newbirth
Mon, Sep-04-06, 22:26
I agree. That's the purpose of Atkins Induction and why no sweets are allowed on it - the only way to break the cravings is cold turkey. I've also found that taking my carbs down to about 40g a day will kill cravings. That's how I got through the holidays last year - stayed at 40g and I suddenly didn't care about all the treats at work.