PDA

View Full Version : Just started today{again}

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

steely
Mon, Sep-04-06, 10:08
Hi everyone,
Just started today.I have done low carb before and had great success.I just can't seem to stick with it.I hope to do better this time.I've really gotten out of control.Oh well,onwards and downwards from here,weight wise anyway. :D

kmeko
Mon, Sep-04-06, 10:14
:wave:

I'm also starting today. I've had some success in the past, but I must try again for permanency. This is my first time with an on-line support site.

dearmommy
Mon, Sep-04-06, 10:16
Good luck to both of you. This is a great place for information and support. It definitely helps to start a journal. Please think about it.

serea
Mon, Sep-04-06, 10:32
Good luck. Keep a positive attitude and keep posting and reading the boards. It has been a tremendous inspiration to me.

flamingo55
Mon, Sep-04-06, 11:01
Welcome! Have you read Atkins recently? If not you should. A clean strict induction was so important to me, in order to tame those cravings. Being able to eat all I wanted when hungry from the no carb list really made it easy though. Not so hard to stick to it when you don’t have to put up with stomach pangs.

The best advice I got was to start an online journal here and record everything I eat on a daily basis. It’s also a good place for others to offer encouragement and to get to know you. I use FitDay.com to imput all my food so I know just how many calories, fat, protein and carbs I am eating. All those little carb grams add up real fast if so you need to track them all.

Fitday is free (or you can use my plan here on this site)
http://www.fitday.com/

steely
Mon, Sep-04-06, 13:22
Thanks everybody for the encouragement!It's been two meals now and I'm doing fine. :D