PDA

View Full Version : would somebody please work this out for me

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Bambi
Sun, Jan-20-02, 03:38
ok, I know Im not the brightest of people, but my problem is converting it, how much water should I be drinking.? I weigh 239 pounds, would like to weigh 130, my problem is I cant understand ounces, what happened to litres.

so please please work it our for me in litres

Regards Bambi

cori
Sun, Jan-20-02, 09:01
Bambi,

2 Liters in the US is 67.6 oz. or for better conversion purposes, let's say 64 oz. Now, the absolute minimum water requirement I have heard is 64 oz. or 8 cups of water. So for you, that would be 2 liters. However, the more you have to lose, the more you need to drink. I am working my way up to a gallon of water (16 cups) which would be the rough equivalent of 4 liters. And I have about the same amount to lose as you!

So my suggestion would be to start out with a bare minimum of 2 litres, and work your way up to 4 litres per day. A good way to get in water is to have a no-exceptions policy that you must be drinking water in order to have "permission" to surf the net. It helps me A LOT! Good Luck!

Marlaine
Sun, Jan-20-02, 22:23
You and I have similiar beginning and goal weights.

I drink 4 liters of water a day.

Marlaine

Karen
Mon, Jan-21-02, 02:52
One ounce of water is 30 mL.

In Newbies Questions there is a thread called Hot Links! In the thread is a conversion calculator that also translates food words, such as eggplant into aubergine.

K-Louise has recently posted this Australian link:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30842

Karen

Bambi
Tue, Jan-22-02, 00:52
Thanks ladies for the replys, gosh doesent 4 litres sound a lot.

so far Im managing around 2

regards Bambi

Marlaine
Tue, Jan-22-02, 00:56
Four liters may sound like a lot to you today, but I promise you the day will come when it's not all that much. I'm actually THIRSTY now and often drink more than the four!

Marlaine