PDA

View Full Version : better late than never introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pennink
Fri, Sep-01-06, 09:12
Hi,
Sorry, I hope I didn't ignore protocol by not posting here first.

Let's see... I lost 50 pounds 2 years ago on Atkins, then gained back 66 pounds (stressful job). Now the job is gone (yay), and the weight is going, too. Is it harder the more times you do Atkins?

I lost 133 pounds in 90s, but it came back fast. I did low fat and a ton of walking; however, I also lost my hair. Not good. I got sick, too, all the time, and my BP still didn't go down.

I had no idea that high BP could ruin your heart. It does and it did. Now I am not allowed to exercise, so the weight is coming off a bit slower.

My first try at Atkins was in the 70s with my mom. She made the best Diet Revolution Rolls, but mine all come out like crumbs. I'll keep trying because I'm bound and determined to lose 50 by Christmas. My husband married me heavy, and has never seen me any other way... I'd love to give him that gift for Christmas!

Cheers all! I'm glad I found you!

Mousesmom
Fri, Sep-01-06, 11:04
Welcome Pennink! Glad you found us here.

Without being able to exercise the weightloss will be slower but it's still possible so keep with it!

Best of luck being a loser!

Julie

pennink
Fri, Sep-01-06, 11:25
Thanks! I'm two years behind you, but you're where I want to be!
Thanks for the welcome!

SunnyCarol
Fri, Sep-01-06, 14:12
Hi,
Sorry, I hope I didn't ignore protocol by not posting here first.

Yup, you sure did! I'd punish you by giving you several lashes with a wet noodle, but as you know, no noodles allowed on low carb! :lol: I'm sorry to hear that you hurt your heart with the high blood pressure, but I bet you will be able to walk as exercise after you get the pressure down and get at or near your goal weight. Welcome!

Sunny!

pennink
Fri, Sep-01-06, 14:21
Well, for the first time in a year or so, I was able to walk the dog around the block without chest pains!

Wooohooo!

(perhaps you'll have to lash me with some spaghetti squash) :lol: