PDA

View Full Version : the green stuff

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mcavana
Sat, Jan-19-02, 23:59
ok, day 5 is done. it is getting better and better. starting to feel a little better little by little. anyways, as always, another question. I still have not pooped significantly since I started. after reading up it looks like this is because I have been avoiding veggies completely. I HATE VEGGIES well, today I ate a decent portion of spinage and a little brockley. My question is this: how much of this green stuff do I have to force down my throat each day? I assume there is no alternative. if I am wrong let me know. As always thank you for your time. it is greatly appreciated.

ps ok, ok, the spinage really was not that bad.

If you are wondering why I used the word "poop" ask my 3 year old.

:wave:

Marlaine
Sun, Jan-20-02, 01:20
Hi there...

Have you read the Atkins book? Where he talks about the rules of induction, he states: 3 cups of salad veggies (from HIS list) or 2 cups of salad and 2/3 cup of cooked veggie (again from HIS list) in the below 10% carb level.

Check the Recipe section of the forum for some good ideas on vegetables that might make them more palatable.

Marlaine

Karen
Sun, Jan-20-02, 01:36
On induction, up to 20 grams of carbs per day and that includes vegetables. Minus the fiber!

Karen

mcavana
Sun, Jan-20-02, 08:18
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On induction, up to 20 grams of carbs per day and that includes vegetables. Minus the fiber!

Karen

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

minus the fiber? what does that mean exactly? :)