PDA

View Full Version : anyone tried this?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Andy741
Sat, Jan-19-02, 22:36
Has anyone tried eating fat just before a weight workout as fuel for the workout? Or does the body not use that immediate fat?

Marlaine
Sun, Jan-20-02, 01:22
I haven't tried it. I discovered long ago that I felt better working out on an empty stomach. Also since I'm now doing BFL, it's recommended not to eat at all first. And wouldn't you prefer that your workout burn the fat that's already available on you for fuel?

Marlaine

Andy741
Sun, Jan-20-02, 13:30
yeah, that makes sense. What's BFL? Bacon fried lettuce? :)

Marlaine
Sun, Jan-20-02, 20:29
Originally posted by Andy741
What's BFL? Bacon fried lettuce? :)

BFL = Body For Life

Marlaine

Andy741
Sun, Jan-20-02, 21:15
oh, duh

Marlaine
Sun, Jan-20-02, 21:36
Hey Andy......

I see that you are posting quite regularly and you have a lot of questions. Why don't you think about starting a journal. That will give you a place to ask all of your questions and you'll have a quick and ready reference for the answers. It will also give the rest of us a place to come and visit you and offer information and encouragement.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the decision to LC on Atkins!

Marlaine