PDA

View Full Version : FLAX Onion Muffins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lendag
Wed, Aug-30-06, 16:49
FLAX Onion Muffins
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon flax meal
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese ( I use the can kind )
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
a pitch garlic powder. ( you can use more or less depending on your taste )
1 1/2 teaspoons dry minced onion
3 eggs
1 1/2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 tablespoons oil

Put the dry minced onion in a small bowl and add just
enough water to moisten; let stand until softened. Mix dry ingredients; add onions, eggs, water and oil. Mix well. Pour batter into 6 greased
muffin pan. Bake at 325º 15-20 minutes.

Makes 6 servings
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 140 Calories; 11g Fat; 8g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate;
3g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

patnaude12
Wed, Aug-30-06, 17:29
Hi lendag,

Thank you so very much for this wonderful recipe, I will be making these this weekend.

I love these kind of recipes that I can make ahead and freeze and just thaw as needed.

Thank you again.

Carol :rose: :rose: :rose:

penelope
Sat, Jan-27-07, 16:28
I have three recipes that I use regularly; this is the one that I freeze for instant burger buns. I sliced them in half before freezing and I put a piece of wax paper in between.
I also do the Revolution Rolls for quick sandwich and the Bowl Muffin if I am out of bread for an instant sandwich. This last one is microwave in a plastic sandwich container and is always fat enough to slice.

WIP
Sun, Mar-04-07, 09:01
I made this last night as a loaf and it is fabulous.

I think I'm going to make several batches today and freeze them so that I can use it as bread.

This with egg salad as a sanwich would be wonderful

WIP
Tue, Mar-06-07, 14:21
Yup, I was right.

Fabulous with egg salad! Yumm!