PDA

View Full Version : Italian Cream Soda

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cori
Sat, Jan-19-02, 19:46
At my favorite downtown eatery, they make these. They have half & half, seltzer, ice, flavored syrup, and are topped with whipped cream. Soooo... my after induction reward will be to buy some of that sugar-free flavored syrup to try to make these up. If I use cream instead of half & half that should take the carb count down. I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out. Anyone ever try making something like this?

Karen
Sat, Jan-19-02, 23:12
Yep! They're delicious, but dangerous!

Karen

Erin4980
Tue, Feb-12-02, 16:33
I make these about once a week now...I love them and thanks for the recipe. I experimented with new ingredients (making them once a week, I had a tendency to run out...lol). I tried almonds...and they were not bad. I tried macadamia nuts and they were really rich...I wouldn't do it again. Yesterday I tried it with sugar twin instead of Splenda and it does not cook nearly as well... I"m off to the store for more.

Thanks again,
Erin

Jim Corril
Sat, Apr-13-02, 23:01
Originally posted by cori
At my favorite downtown eatery, they make these. They have half & half, seltzer, ice, flavored syrup, and are topped with whipped cream. Soooo... my after induction reward will be to buy some of that sugar-free flavored syrup to try to make these up. If I use cream instead of half & half that should take the carb count down. I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out. Anyone ever try making something like this?

Hi Cory,

I use to be part owner of a coffee house here in Cincinnati and one of the things I loved to make was something I called an orange creamsicle which was half and half, da vinci orange syrup, etc..... I would love to try a sugar free version of it. Do you have any of the amounts used? If not I can try and wing it.

Thanx,

Jim